Where to get a new headbages?

Lungimsam

Aug 24, 2016, 12:10:20 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
If I ever lose mine?
1. Will RBW supply a new badge if needed?
Even for older models?
2. If not, is there a company that can make repros?

WETH

Aug 24, 2016, 1:03:57 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very good questions and I look forward to learning answers to them.
When I was refurbishing my Romulus, I spoke with Keven at Rivendell about replacement stickers. They were able to provide those. However, he cautioned me not to lose the headbadge as they did not have anymore, and I'd be out of luck.

Bill Lindsay

Aug 24, 2016, 1:21:02 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
1.  If you call Rivendell wanting to buy a headbadge, first thing they'll do is determine whether they have them.  If they have them, then they'll ask to be convinced that you actually have the bike you claim to have.  If they know you and know what bike you bought from them, no problem.  If they have the headbadge and they are convinced that you are entitled to have one, then they will sell one to you.  If they don't have them, or you are not entitled to have one, then you are out of luck.
2.  Yes, in theory, but not in practice.  If you lost yours, and all you have is photographs from flickr, and want to pay somebody to make something, you'll probably be looking at thousands of dollars, and lousy results.  If you had the original in your hand and wanted a copy of that, then there are ways to get a copy made that would bring it down to the hundreds of dollars kind of range.  A 3D scan and a metallic 3D print job is the most flexible.  Then you'd paint it yourself.

If you are afraid of losing your headbadge, you should probably buy a replacement now.  If you can't buy a replacement now, and are not motivated enough to spend a lot of money, then just try not to lose it, or resign yourself to the fact that if you lose it, it will be gone forever.  Or post a WTB on here and offer to buy somebody's headbadge for $100.  I bet there's somebody out there with your model of bike that would sell you their headbadge.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA
Message has been deleted

Lungimsam

Aug 24, 2016, 1:36:23 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
If I own rhe bike and prove it I don't see why they would'nt sell me one.

Bill Lindsay

Aug 24, 2016, 1:48:23 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
If you own the bike then the only reason they wouldn't sell you one is that they don't have one to sell you.  I think you have a Bleriot.  I bet they don't have those.  I think you have a Hillborne.  I bet they do have those.  I think you have a Rambouillet.  I bet they don't have those.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Bob K.

Aug 24, 2016, 2:17:40 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
A friend here in Baltimore recently bought a used Atlantis without a head badge. He called Rivendell to ask if he could buy one. Grant (I think, or another employee) said that he simply needed to see a picture of the bike with his name on it, like on written on a piece of tape or something is what I assumed, and that was all the proof that was necessary. He got a new head badge. I'm not sure what the cost was. Good luck!

Bob

Lungimsam

Aug 24, 2016, 2:27:59 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Cool. Thanks for the info!

Carla Waugh

Aug 24, 2016, 5:28:16 PM8/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jenn Green can make amazing badges from basic metal to more precious. She can do many things to enhance a badge. I used her when I wanted one for my Scissortail 650B. Her prices are reasonable for a handmade design.

Chris Birkenmaier

Aug 26, 2016, 10:24:36 AM8/26/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just jumping in with some love for Jen Green.  She made an amazing badge of my/our design for a custom 7 that I own.  The women oozes talent.  And nice person to boot!