4mm cable slips through drag brake arm clamp

Daniel Jackson

Jul 19, 2017, 6:24:43 PM7/19/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Setting up the drag brake on my hubbuh and am findin that the 4mm shift cable I'm using pulls through the clamp on the caliper arm of my Paul Comp Klamper under high load - like braking. Any suggestions to remedy this? Perhaps a tapered washer or shim of sorts?

Alternatively, what caliper are people using successfully on their drag brake setups? Or Is there a way to put a 5mm brake cable that is long enough through a friction shifter?

Joe Bernard

Jul 19, 2017, 6:38:29 PM7/19/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'd call Mark at Riv..he's been setting up the drag brakes in pics I've seen.

Ray Varella

Jul 19, 2017, 6:38:41 PM7/19/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Call Paul and see if they have a suggestion.

I bought an Avid BB7 for mine, I got the one you adjust each pad independently, it works perfectly with a friction thumbshifter.
It was easy to fine tune with the adjusters.
Drag brakes make great parking brakes as well.

Ray

Daniel Jackson

Jul 19, 2017, 8:01:42 PM7/19/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
What size cable are you all using with your friction shifters? Are you using 1.2 or 1.8/2.0 mm cables? I.e. are you using shifter cables or brake cables for the drag brake?