FS: 62cm Hunqapillar

benjamin

Nov 19, 2015, 5:23:20 PM11/19/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
2014 hunqapillar powder coated a dark metallic grey
-Chris king black sotto headset
-dirt drop and noodle cockpit
-Thomson seatpost(but I've also got a silver Nitto post if you'd prefer that)
-Shimano levers and bar ends
-9 speed xt rear derailleur with 12-36 9 speed cassette
-cx70 front derailleur with a 40/26 compact setup(Sugino big/ race face little) but will include a 105 triple derailleur and 46 tooth Sugino ring from its time as a 3x9
-175 Sugino cranks/grip king pedals/shimano un bottom bracket
-Paul neo-retro cantilevers
-Nitto front rack
-king iris cage
-Grey 2.25 Smart Sam tires(!...had to order these from Australia, don't know if they ever made it to the U.S. Market)
-32 spoke Mavic/XT wheel set(higher miles than the rest of the bike, rear hub is pretty crusty and will need to be repacked and/or replaced soon. Front is still nice and both are straight and true. Originally had a dynamo wheelset built for this bike but it's since gone to another project)

I think that's about it. second owner, bought as a frameset and had a good time building it up. I thought it would be the bike that would keep me from wanting any other bikes but I ended up riding it the least...it always felt too tall for me to be fully comfortable on trails(which is the majority of my riding). Never really been seriously crashed although it has seen its fair share of skids gone wrong and stumps that weren't quite jumped. Really rad bike and it's a bit hard for me to sell but I'm moving into a room next month that's about half the size of my current spot and really trying to not live like a hoarder.

I'm also somewhat computer illiterate so if this link doesn't work please let me know...

http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/BIGgreyHunqapillar/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=2&page=1

Not really sure what to price it at, I was thinking 2200 or best reasonable offer. Located in sf but I can ship at actual cost + the cost of having a shop box it up... give me a call or text if you're interested or have any questions(don't always have access to a computer). Thanks!

Ben
415 378 6808

Kieran J

Nov 19, 2015, 6:28:12 PM11/19/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bad. Ass. (!)

With a deposit on two new frames, I c ..c .. can't :-\

KJ

Deacon Patrick

Nov 19, 2015, 6:35:07 PM11/19/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Pictures don't show for me. Looks like a great build!

Daniel Jackson

Nov 19, 2015, 9:56:40 PM11/19/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey Ben. What's your height and PBH?

benjamin

Nov 19, 2015, 10:48:57 PM11/19/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/BIGgreyHunqapillar/library/hunqapillar%20for%20sale?sort=2&page=1

^^^hopefully this link works

Forgot to add that the pictured saddle isn't included in the sale and that the bike will come with the original headbadge.

Nick Ybarra

Nov 20, 2015, 9:02:55 AM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
That "I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller" is playing in my head on repeat right now...GLWS  ;)

-Nick

benjamin

Nov 27, 2015, 11:40:43 AM11/27/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey Daniel, sorry for such a late reply...not sure about my pbh but I'm a long-legged 6'2er. Usually ride 64cm roadbike and 23-24inch mtb. Bought the hunqapillar as an inbetween the two sizes but the standover is really what gets me. On the road it fits great and if I stay seated its feels perfect...on dirt though I like being able to  take a foot off and touch the ground without getting sacked by the top tube. I had smaller tires(45's) on it for a while but they didn't really do enough to justify their out of place looks. Hope that kinda helps in answering some sizing questions.

There's been a handful of interested parties but no one that really seems to serious yet so I think I'm going to resort to craigslist. I'd really prefer to sell it here though so $2000 for any list members...pretty good deal I think. Give me a call if you have any questions, I don't always look at the computer. thanks!

ben

benjamin

Dec 9, 2015, 3:53:09 PM12/9/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Saw a few WTB ads for a 62 hunqapillar...this is still available if any of you are interested. I'd really like to avoid putting it up on Ebay. Let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks.

ben

Chad

Dec 18, 2015, 12:46:26 PM12/18/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Did you by chance have Groody Brothers in KC do the powder coating. I've seen pics on their website or Facebook of Hunqapillar they did in dark grey.