craigslist PSA- 45cm Clem frame in Brooklyn NY

Kainalu

Feb 13, 2016, 11:23:08 AM2/13/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not me, don't know who, but $600 seems like a good deal?
I wish it were 200,000 micrometers bigger
-Kai
Brooklyn NY

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/5417334325.html

Joe Bernard

Feb 13, 2016, 3:19:29 PM2/13/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yes, that's a deal, especially on a frameset with cream highlights on the fork and seat lug. Anybody in New York who already has a decent stash of parts to fit it should snap that baby up NOW.

Joe "paid 800 plus shipping for a new one, and THAT was a deal" Bernard,
Vallejo, CA.

Grant @ Rivendell

Feb 14, 2016, 10:54:45 AM2/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Dang, it's a bummer for me. I don't understand it. The CLEM..my god, it's dang perfect---or at least, it came out the way I'd intended, and is such a good deal. This makes me feel like a failure. I can see selling bikes after years--things change, maybe the need for sudden money, maybe some tragedy or travel--but so soon, and CLEM?
The painted fork crown wings ID's it as a frame only purchase. Maybe it's a complete bike now--I haven't looked at the listing--but it was bought as a frame. I don't need to know or want to know the details, but ... aaarrrrggghhhhh. Onward ho..

Kainalu

Feb 14, 2016, 11:27:23 AM2/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Perfection is an affront to the Gods! Glad you're doing your best to piss them off. This one was either too big for the baby or too small for the ogre, a fit problem apparently insurmountable. Keep your chin up sir.
-Kai
Brooklyn NY

James Warren

Feb 14, 2016, 11:44:21 AM2/14/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Grant,
I encourage you to not assume the worst. There have been times on this forum when a person has bought a Riv, and then soon after that put it up for sale in order to make room in their house for a different Riv. (Or they have asked to trade with someone) The reasons could have been size or model style (tire clearance, etc.) or maybe even color. Maybe this particular Clem buyer got lust for the forthcoming Joe Appaloosa after he made the Clem purchase and only has room for one additional bike. Anyway, Clem riders are happy, so no worries!

-Jim W.

James Warren

- 700x55

David Banzer

Feb 14, 2016, 11:49:07 AM2/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I was so happy with my Clem that I bought one for my wife who rarely rides. So, successes here.
David
Chicago

cyclotourist

Feb 14, 2016, 12:02:40 PM2/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
An affront to the gods is clamping on the top tube. Especially with a foot of seatpost available.

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

David Banzer

Feb 14, 2016, 12:26:16 PM2/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
FWIW, I contacted the seller and the frameset is available, and he'll ship.
Someone buy it before I rationalize buying it for my son, who won't be able to ride it for a long time.
David
Chicago

cyclotourist

Feb 14, 2016, 1:40:35 PM2/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Gives you plenty of time to start buying the parts. Will practically pay for itself!

Joe Bernard

Feb 14, 2016, 2:03:46 PM2/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Eh, there's no telling the real reason it's for sale. I've sold perfectly good frames/bikes before because of money/space issues, and putting that detail in the ad was more personal than I cared to get into. "Too big/too small" is easier to type.