Riv gear as travel gear

Liesl

May 15, 2015, 1:46:53 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I am continually astounded at the utility of Riv-designed clothing and bags especially when traveling. Here are a few items earning their keep on this trip to humboldt county:

Shopsack: fabulous extra carry-on bag for miscellaneous awkward debris, e.g. book, canteen, light sweater, mess kit, sketchbooks, art supplies all fit. This in addition to being a slam-dunk in a wald basket.

Moleskin shirt: pretty dang wind proof and good on a beach, doubles as a jacket, sharp enough for conferences, color is stunning.

MUSA knickers: light and packable, windproof so again good on a cold windy ocean beach, secure pockets, no Velcro (extra yay).

Mark's ToolWrap: it's not just for tools anymore. Works as a dopkit, and most recently as a wood carving travel kit: mine holds four Del Stubs knives (Slojd, Harley, open sweep, curved spoon carver), kolrosing knife, bandana, flat pencil, folding scissors, 6 inch metal ruler, burnisher, band aids, and 1-2 in-progress wooden spoons.

What are your fav's?

Ron Mc

May 15, 2015, 2:15:20 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I bike in MUSA shorts and knickers.  MUSA long pants, I wear them for lounging around the house and grocery store runs in the winter, and wear them for an intermediate layer under my breathable waders for winter trout fishing - I also like them for coast flats kayak pants on brisk spring and fall days.

Kieran J

May 15, 2015, 3:01:48 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I use a medium Shopsack for a dog travel bag - food, poop bags, leash, towel, etc.
It all fits, and with flair!

KJ

Bill Lindsay

May 15, 2015, 3:06:06 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I chaperoned last weekend for my son.  He is an 8th Grader in Band (tuba), and this was a weekend band retreat up in Cazadero.  As I was getting dressed Saturday morning, I noticed several MUSA labels move past my face, so I took note.  Packed ultralight for a two-overnighter weekend, with zero cycling my Riv gear included.

1.  MUSA VBL
2.  Aussie not-so-tights
3.  MUSA blue wool SS T
4.  MUSA pirate wool LS shirt
5.  MUSA knickers
6.  Riv LS cotton T
7.  About 8 bandannas (one for me, one for each of my kids)
8.  Two wool undies (one MUSA stripey, one Devold)
9.  Sackville Shopsack

My socks were wool SFRandonneurs socks.

Liesl

May 15, 2015, 6:47:16 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Oh yeah, Bill! I didn't even mention that I have with me the following additional MUSA/Riv items:

Pirate panties (2 pair)
Pirate long sleever
Black wooly warm sleeveless T's
Flannel cowboy shirt (red)
Old orange Randi Jo wool logo cap

I'm like a walking Riv poster. 'Twas pretty funny; here I am in my MUSA knickers, pirate shirt, and cap and a woman asks me, "is that a Riv cap?" And I thought, honey, it's a complete Riv ensemble! I happily said, "why yes it is!" We proceeded to have a great conversation. Turns out she's wanted one forever. Hopefully I gave her good encouragement.

Riv-wear! Not only functional and fashionable--it helps you make friends!