Roadini info

Forrest Meyer

Dec 6, 2016, 1:18:33 PM12/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Where? Thanks. (I know, I'm clueless, but I did look.)

John M

Dec 6, 2016, 1:43:57 PM12/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not much out there, but here's a discussion from the group, with Grant's description:

Chris Birkenmaier

Dec 6, 2016, 4:52:24 PM12/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Think there might be more than a few of waiting for the news to break next year on this model.

Bill Lindsay

Dec 6, 2016, 5:28:22 PM12/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
The single most comprehensive RBW description was this:

To speculateurs and 'teuses:
Le Roadini..hm. I didn't realize we'd announced anything yet, but since le chat is out of the mussette, here's 100 percent of what there is to know about it:

1. It's not going to duplicate or overlap too much any existing bike except the Roadeo. No "85 percent Sam, but with lighter tubing."
2. We won't burden it with "The Thinker's Road bike," or other references to Rodin. Nothing to chuckle about or roll eyes about.
3. It certainly won't copy existing road geometries. It'll be well-designed from small to big, with the geometries that make our bikes feel like our bikes.
4. We are considering what braze-ons to include. The idea is to make it useful, but not to encourage (for example) MFL. Do we add those little front of the fork braze-ons for a Mark's Rack, or will that encourage monster front loading? Practically, it would be an ideal bike for a small bar-mount bag, like the Bar Tube or the now-gone BarSack rack (which wins the record for the highest ratio of expected success-to-actual sales. Dang, if we bring it back, it'll be a "last gasp" bring-back, and if you ride drop bars you should get it).
5. Same reach as Roadeo. Again here, Homer-Sam clearances will send the message that it's just a featherweight Du-All, and it won't be that.

It'll take a Jack Brown, but not with a fender. Sidepulls, but not the Silvers with all that reach. It may have a few more braze-ons than a Roadeo, but we haven't settled on that yet.

It won't be a "high-plane/low-trailer," but I recognize that there's a place for those bikes!

It will look really good and ride like a pure road bike ought to, and will be --- other stuff...AND

it may have one ultra-groovy feature never seen before on any of our bikes. This is my "take back" for being forced to reveal so much so early on a bike that is more of a plan than settled yet!

I really didn't know this was revealed, and I really don't mind that it was. Usually it's me who speaks too early, so whoever wrote that post--Roman or Dave, I guess--just made it easy for me. Anyway, it's a 2017'er if it happens, and thanks for all of your nice comments and fun guesses and enthusiasm!

Grant

Michael Hechmer

Dec 6, 2016, 5:42:35 PM12/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I must admit to some surprise.  For quite awhile it seemed like consolidation was the order of the day.  Now models seem to proliferate like rabbits.  This kind of sounds like the rebirth of the Ramboulliet, a Rodeo, just a bit more practical.  Since I always thought axing the Ram was a real loss; I'll celebrate this, if I'm right.

Michael

Joe Bernard

Dec 6, 2016, 7:08:49 PM12/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Appaloosa has been the only new fully lugged model in quite a while. What I think happened is the youngsters at Riv finally convinced Grant that losing sales to lower-cost TIGed steel bikes was for the birds, and the floodgates opened on that end. First was the very excellent Clem, then they found a use for s bunch of spare forks with Rosco Bubbe, next is Roadini. I fully support this new direction seeing as how I tried to talk him into it 10-or-so years ago ;-)

Joe Appaloosa Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Patrick Moore

Dec 6, 2016, 8:35:16 PM12/6/16
to rbw-owners-bunch
Will the Roadini have Roadeo-type tubing, or Ram-type tubing? If the former, I am very interested.

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Stat crux dum volvitur orbis. (The cross stands motionless while the world revolves.) Carthusian motto

It is we who change; He remains the same. Eckhart

Kinei hos eromenon. (It moves [all things] as the beloved.) Aristotle

nathaniel nichols

Dec 6, 2016, 9:14:15 PM12/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm definitely getting one. Always wanted a roadeo,ram, or custom (not to me) riv road..