Marks Rack Platform

J Imler

Aug 9, 2017, 8:52:00 PM8/9/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Use a small steel bbq grill grate for a nice platform. Doubles for bbq grill once at the bike camp.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwHqG1q8uHdcSzRRMW41U1hpUG8

J Imler

Aug 20, 2017, 10:19:40 PM8/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've reverted back to a basket.

See pics for spacer idea for top o' fork strut mounting. Makes it nice and flush.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwHqG1q8uHdcNzFMcEFlQmR2UG8/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwHqG1q8uHdcNzFMcEFlQmR2UG8/view?usp=drivesdk

J Imler

Aug 20, 2017, 10:23:07 PM8/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

J Imler

Aug 21, 2017, 11:20:16 AM8/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Beware of clearance issues. I need to rethink this.

Ash [who works to bike]

Aug 21, 2017, 4:03:02 PM8/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Imler,

Since the weight of cargo is pushing the basket downward, using those second set of mounts for vertical support might be more useful.  The diving board will take care of making sure the rack doesn't move toward the front.

I ordered second set of struts and used them as shown in the picture.

Ash
IMG_2499.jpg