Saluki Links

瀏覽次數:347 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

John Hawrylak

未讀,
2017年8月2日 下午6:28:162017/8/2
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Does any one have any links to the RBW literature on the early Saluki's???  looking at the 54cm on Seattle CL, since it is my size.

I know the Saluki's transformed into the 650B AHHs, but there seems to be subtle differences.

I thought there were links on Cyclofiend's site, but have not located them

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ

Justin, Oakland

未讀,
2017年8月2日 晚上7:23:422017/8/2
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch

John Hawrylak

未讀,
2017年8月2日 晚上7:32:312017/8/2
收件者:rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Justin

Thanks, I found these 2.  I was hoping for one with more RBW write up, like they did for the Blerliot.

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ

From: Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com>

Joe Bernard

未讀,
2017年8月4日 凌晨1:52:162017/8/4
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
"Lifetime model" is "bike that will outlast you." Which is definitely true of Rivendells, and not at all true of the stuff ridden in the Tour de France this year.

Orc

未讀,
2017年8月4日 凌晨2:35:222017/8/4
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
The machines in the TdF are beaten to death by racers, so this isn't a particularly good comparison?

-david parsons

Joe Bernard

未讀,
2017年8月4日 凌晨2:59:592017/8/4
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
The machines in the TdF are carbon racers sold to hardcore roadies, so it's an excellent comparison. They are not lifetime frames.

KenP

未讀,
2017年8月7日 晚上7:50:322017/8/7
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Hi John,
   I had an early 50 canti Saluki, but found it too small; then sold it and got a 54 sidepull Saluki;  My pbh 79.5; the 54 fits better.  I liked the cantilever brakes better though because they stopped better and opened easier. And I like the 650B wheel size.  However these days I'm beginning to like bikes with wider tires for the local trails.
Ken,
Virginia

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 at 6:28:16 PM UTC-4, John Hawrylak wrote:

Michael Hechmer

未讀,
2017年8月7日 晚上8:56:552017/8/7
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
I'm late to this discussion and have not been able to follow all of the rather cryptic postings, but.....  I have an early, canti, grey Saluki which, over time has become my most ridden bike.  It's just so comfortable, so versatile, so ...perfect.  I have a soft spot in my heart for my Rambouilet, but the Saluki guides over so much bad road with ease.  I currently run 38's but intend to go with Compass 41s under VO fenders.

Michael

Justin August

未讀,
2017年8月7日 晚上9:19:042017/8/7
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Who has aluminum fenders on theirs with 42mm tires and what do you use?

DB

未讀,
2017年8月7日 晚上10:07:412017/8/7
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
I've used the VO Zeppelin fenders with 42s. There was not a ton of room under the fender but it worked fine.

Dave Johnston

未讀,
2017年8月7日 晚上10:55:302017/8/7
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Michael,

Compass has just increased their 42mm tire by 1.5mm so the fit will only get tighter. You might want to try some older ones. The 1.75" Pari-moto is measuring between 40-41mm for most people on a rim like the synergy.

-Dave

Tony DeFilippo

未讀,
2017年8月8日 清晨6:02:262017/8/8
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
I really 42mm GB EL Hetres with the sks fenders for a while. Tight but manageable. I've been running the 1.75" parimotos for about 2 years now under berthoud steel fenders and want to compass tires next... I saw the new BSP 42's are going to be wider and tube less compatible which has me worried about space. I may try it anyway, I think the critical spot is at the chainstay yoke and I could probably take a Dremel to the fender there and open up some room.

If not maybe I'll go back to the Hetres. The parimotos are fine but don't have that 'magic'... (Or amazing marketing)

When I do it I'll share pictures. My A23 rims are supposedly also tubeless ready so I might mess around with that to.

Tony

rob markwardt

未讀,
2017年8月8日 上午11:41:232017/8/8
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
I was digging through my old Readers last night (weren't those a blast!) and this is the oldest Saluki article I could find (issue 33).  It mentions a "Big Saluki report in the next issue" but looking through #34 I don't see much specifically about Saluki's...lots of talk about 650b though.  #35 has an article on country bikes and uses a side shot of a Saluki.
saluki 1.jpeg

rob markwardt

未讀,
2017年8月8日 上午11:44:132017/8/8
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Here's the country bike article.
country bike.jpeg

Joe Bernard

未讀,
2017年8月8日 上午11:46:112017/8/8
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Remember when Riv stuff came on paper in the mail and 650B was that crazy idea that would never catch on? Good times!

John Hawrylak

未讀,
2017年8月8日 下午6:25:052017/8/8
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Rob

Thanks for the 2 RR articles.  I vaguely remember these, but not paying full attention at the time.  GP was certainty besting the 650B drum at the time and it seems history proved him much more right than wrong

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ

Les Lammers

未讀,
2017年8月9日 晚上8:49:062017/8/9
收件者:RBW Owners Bunch
Too bad that the Bleriot project did not work out. A lot more folks would be really enjoying cycling if it did.

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 11:44:13 AM UTC-4, rob markwardt wrote:
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息