New flat solution

Liesl

Apr 1, 2015, 11:20:00 AM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Check out Jan's blog post dated today. I think he's onto something solid!

cyclotourist

Apr 1, 2015, 11:24:41 AM4/1/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Say what you will about Jan/BQ, he really puts his money where is mouth is and works to bring products to market that he believes in.

What's frustrating is that yesterday I had a tubeless tire fail and the associated hassle of mounting a new one. If only this was posted one day earlier I would have had other options available!!!

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:20 AM, Liesl <li...@smm.org> wrote:
Check out Jan's blog post dated today. I think he's onto something solid!

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

Ron Mc

Apr 1, 2015, 11:35:38 AM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
tis the season

cyclotourist

Apr 1, 2015, 11:40:03 AM4/1/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
To add fuel to the fire, this was posted over on the tandem list this morning. Some of those new Compass tires would go great on our tandem, no more worried about flats!!!

Here's something you might want to consider when planning your next
tandem vacation in Europe:

According to sources, German authorities are planning to introduce a new
law requiring tandems to be registered, insured and equipped with
license plates. Currently, electric assist bikes with a maximum motor
power of 250 W and a top speed of no more than 25 km/h (15 mph) are
considered bicycles while electric assist bikes with a top speed up to
45 km/h (28 mph) require insurance.

Now, testing done for the German ministry of infrastructure has revealed
that 83.6% of the stokers tested were capable of putting out more than
250 W. Furthermore, only few stokers actually ceased their power output
upon reaching 25 km/h. Under the law authorities cannot differentiate
between different types of motors, be they fueled by gasoline, batteries
or cereal. Thus, in agreement with EU legislation owners of multi-seat
bicycles will also be required to purchase insurance for their bikes.

To aid families, German authorities are planning to make an exception
for family tandems: Tandems permanently equipped with child stoker kits
or a shortened seat post will remain free.

For more details on the new regulations see

http://www.stvu.info/kennzeichenpflicht_tandems.html

Tailwinds,
Chris

P.S.: Should your single bike come with Sheldon Brown's POWerwheels you
will most likely also fall under this regulation!

Jim Bronson

Apr 1, 2015, 11:49:45 AM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Ehh... This one I'm not sure he'll be putting his money where his mouth is ;)

cyclotourist

Apr 1, 2015, 11:52:29 AM4/1/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I applaud his commitment, bringing innovative products to market. This could be revolutionary, similar to the fine products put out by ShelBroCo!

James Warren

Apr 1, 2015, 12:11:52 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

I miss ShelBroCo.

James Warren

- 700x33

Garth

Apr 1, 2015, 12:22:57 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Ahahahaahahahahahahaha !   !

A great great to usher in April to us foolz ;-)

James Warren

Apr 1, 2015, 12:23:04 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

A nice little compilation done a few years ago:

Patrick Moore

Apr 1, 2015, 12:37:12 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
Those will go well with Sheldon's granite saddle. What a ride!

I like these 2 features: the narrowing width to keep up with trends, and the lifetime guarantee.

Inline image 1

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Liesl <li...@smm.org> wrote:
Check out Jan's blog post dated today. I think he's onto something solid!

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. Aristotle

The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. Dante

Garth

Apr 1, 2015, 2:01:52 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

And while we're foolz for the day . . . . .  introducing revolutionary new performance shorts , they likely will last a lifetime, after the 5 year or so break in period , supplied with special softening agent !

http://www.outdoorresearch.com/blog/gear-geek/introducing-or-lederhosen?