FS: Orange 54 Rambouillet

John Blish

Sep 2, 2015, 9:52:49 PM9/2/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

This is a classic bike in exceptional condition for any age.  Always stored inside the house in a heated, cooled and moisture-controlled area.

 The photos can be seen at:

 https://goo.gl/photos/w68cFzsj8nw9gqSx5

If you are interested, please email me privately:

jblish at gmail dot com

I am asking $1750, plus packing and shipping.   It is advertised for more in other places.  Please identify yourself as a list member for that price.

Iconic Rivendell in the original and preferred color - orange. This bike is just as it came from the Rivendell dealer, John Coleman's Kenwood Cyclery, in Minneapolis in April, 2004 when it was purchased new. It has fewer than 200 miles on it. A picture of the original rear tire, which has been on the bike since it left the shop, showing no wear, is included. Original sales receipt is included. The parts are period correct because they are original.  I will be happy to explain to anyone who wants to know how it came about that this bike has seen almost no use, but not here.

Components include:

Crank: Sugino Crown S XD2 triple 170 mm
Rings: 46-36-26
Bottom Bracket: Phil Wood
Front and Rear DR: Shimano Ultegra
Chain: Shimano
Cassette: Century Special 13 - 30 from Harris Cyclery
Pedals: MKS MRX flat (sneaker) pedals
Hubs: Phil Wood, front and rear
Rims: Mavic Open Pro 32 spoke - stainless steel, front and rear
Tires: Original Ruffy Tuffy (Pasela) tires 700 x 28
Headset: Shimano Ultegra
Bars: Nitto Noodle 44 cm
Stem: Nitto
Shifters: Shimano 9 speed bar ends
Brake levers: Shimanno Ultegra road brake levers and Paul Components canti-lever mounted on bars just outboard of the stem
Brakes: Shimano side-pull calipers
Seatpost: Nitto 65 single-bolt Crystal Fellow
Saddle: Brooks Champion Special Ti rails

Bike was Frame-Savered prior to original purchase.

I will include two new Pasela Panaracer tires (shown) 700 x 28C along with the original tires.  The brass bell is also included and so is the Cateye Vectra Wireless computer. The SKS black aluminum core, plastic-coated fenders are included. Includes pedals and saddle as shown.

I am willing to help you find a bike shop here (Twin Cities) that will pack and ship at your expense and deliver the bike to them if that is what you need.

All these photos are as they came from my Olympus digital camera. There has been no changing, touch-up  or processing after the original exposure.

The bike is listed for sale on other sites and is offered here subject to prior sale. This listing may be removed at seller's discretion.

Please contact me if you have any questions. Thanks.

​John​

--
John Blish
Minneapolis MN USA

Liesl

Sep 2, 2015, 10:05:15 PM9/2/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
John's bikes are as perfect and clean as they come. His old Quickbeam lives at my house and it ranks as one of the best bike purchases ever.

Xxoo Liesl

Evan E.

Sep 2, 2015, 10:51:53 PM9/2/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ohmygoshthatsabeautifulbike.

Evan

Dan A

Sep 2, 2015, 11:18:42 PM9/2/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great looking bike and my size and local but I really don't need another bike (and need to pay for my kitchen remodel). Plus I already have 2 orange bikes.

Liesl

Sep 3, 2015, 7:05:51 PM9/3/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oh c'mon, Dan! Take it for a spin! You'll fall in love! Kitchen Smitchen!

John Blish

Sep 6, 2015, 11:27:19 PM9/6/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, Liesl Chatman
This bike has been sold.  Payment and shipping pending.

Thanks to everyone who responded and to the list for making transfers like this possible.

Dan A

Sep 7, 2015, 10:12:49 AM9/7/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Phew my wallet is safe.