Seeking advice - where would you turn to, to try to sell non-Rivvy bikes?

182 مرّة مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

Jon Craig

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 7:20:00 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
So, buying a Sam for me and a Sam for the wife, before selling Our Other Bikes(tm) was painful financially, but Sams are available when they're available, and they were at A1 (our local Riv dealer, thankfully we have one!) .. .so we bought them.

But now our old bikes need sold - and the only place I know of to list them is Craigslist, which I've done.  They're listed in our local CL, the next big-city CL (Indianapolis) and the next big city further (Bloomington, IN).  Not a lot of interest.

Is there another place to sell bikes online? I mean other than eBay of course, which I'm thinking of too.

(They're high-ish-value Specialized full-carbon endurance geo road bikes.)

Ron Mc

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 8:21:36 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
do you have anything like a local monthly Frankenbike meet, or maybe a local bike shop that takes consignment sales?  Just two places to get it to the right audience.
No experience here (I've never sold a bike) but this also looks like a good online resource for quality bikes:  http://www.localbiketrader.com/

Scott Henry

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 8:23:28 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى Riv List
I'd say eBay hands down.   Craigslist is about as small market as you can get, focusing only on a city or two's population.    Ebay however has the whole world watching.
Take good pictures and measurements, think long and hard about your starting price not too high, not too low) and let the market work for you.

Your bikes are popular bikes from one of the big three makers, they should sell just fine.
Good luck.
Scott

Mark Etze

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 8:43:57 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
As long as they are priced right and nothing too unusual I would say Craigslist is best. No fees, no packing and no worries about buyers remorse.  The key is a good description with lots of quality pictures.

I would use Ebay only if it does not sell after a few weeks.

Jeremy Tavan

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 9:16:00 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
A friend of mine recommended http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/ as an active buying and selling forum for bikes, though I haven't made use of it myself. Seems a bit more MTB oriented, but there are other categories with plenty of listings.

/Jeremy

Jon Craig

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 9:36:24 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
Hey cool - a place that doesn't charge for posting.  I posted them there - thanks for the rec!

Eric Daume

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 11:08:58 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The paceline.com forums has a very active buy and sell sub forum.

Eric

Jon Craig

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 11:34:41 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
paceline.com goes to a medical supply company...

Eric Daume

غير مقروءة،
27‏/06‏/2016، 11:45:59 ص27‏/6‏/2016
إلى rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Try this:

Eric

On Monday, June 27, 2016, Jon Craig <modemm...@gmail.com> wrote:

dstein

غير مقروءة،
28‏/06‏/2016، 12:29:47 ص28‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
I second ebay. The fees suck, but it is the widest possible audience. You can set it to auto-relist if it doesn't sell and you can also send to auction if you get desparate. I'll usually list something like that on ebay and craigslist simultaneously, just be sure to cancel the ebay asap if a craigslist sale happens so no one purchases it online.

pb

غير مقروءة،
28‏/06‏/2016، 1:59:58 م28‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
Why not start here, or on the BOB list, or at least provide links to your listings elsewhere?

~pb

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 4:20:00 AM UTC-7, Jon Craig wrote:

Jon Craig

غير مقروءة،
29‏/06‏/2016، 5:58:09 ص29‏/6‏/2016
إلى RBW Owners Bunch
Because it's forbidden to sell non-Rivlike things here, or even really discuss them. :)

I'm actually glad this thread was allowed to stand.
الرد على الكل
رد على الكاتب
إعادة توجيه
0 رسالة جديدة