Re: FS: 58cm A Homer Hilsen, 650b tires and 26" dyno whell

Jeff Lesperance

Aug 17, 2016, 7:35:01 AM8/17/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I've had some interest but no takers on my Hilsen so I expect this will be the last you'll hear about it for sale here. Details and a link to pics in the email thread below.

I still have the tires mentioned and will include them for free with the frameset or sell them as advertised.

 After riding with the Gravel & Grind gang this weekend and seeing a few Atlanti in person, I think I'm leaning toward that as being the new Riv model that I order vs. a better fitting Hilsen, and the bit of funds from this Hilsen will help get me there.

Also, I'm adding for sale a wheel I bought for my briefly-owned Handsome XOXO:

I had Anthony from Longleaf Bicycles build up a dyno wheel:

* Sun Rhyno Lite 26", black with machined sidewalls, 36h
* Sanyo H27 Dyno Hub, black
* Wheelsmith DB14 silver spokes
* silver brass nipples

very low miles
$100 + I'll split shipping via Bike Flights, OBO

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Jeff Lesperance <jeff.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
My AHH and the Col de la Vie and Kojak tires are still available. I'm ready to move on and make a final decision on buying another Riv that will fit me better sooner than later and though I can't give the frame away, I'm happy to reduce the price to see if it helps get it into one of your homes so I it can be ridden instead of collecting dust in my basement.

I'll drop my price on the 58 AHH down to $1000 +shipping via Bikeflights, and if you're interested in the tires I'll include them with the frame. I'll otherwise drop the price on the tires to $25 shipped per pair if you're not buying the frameset.

additional info and a link to pictures is included in my original message below

-Jeff
Silver Spring, MD

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Jeff Lesperance <jeff.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
Both wheelsets are now claimed (along with the Compass and speedblend tires)

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Jeff Lesperance <jeff.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
Compass and speedblend tires are spoken for as well as the tiagra/dyno wheelset.

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Jeff Lesperance <jeff.le...@gmail.com> wrote:
For sale is my 58cm A Homer Hilsen that I picked up from fellow listmate Bill Lindsay in August of last year. He reported that he had bought this new from Riv in 11/2010, and I've owned it now for about a year. I'm selling it because the AHH is/was my holy grail bike and I was planning on buying a new one when this one came available from Bill, and I've found it's a bit too small for me. I've made it work, but for a grail bike, I want it to be perfect, so I'm going to sell this one in look to invest in a new Riv that fits me right.

I'm selling the frame/fork/headset and I have a couple 650b wheelsets and tires to sell as well.

This frame is a beauty but not a beauty queen - Bill was not afraid to get it dirty and neither have I, and we both put a few scrips and scrapes in the paint. The most noticeable is on the driveside seatstay and fork leg where there's noticeable scratches, paint transfer and a paint chip or two.

I've taken some pictures of questionable quality that can be found here: https://goo.gl/photos/7RMp4nxU5Jv4Anmg6

I'd like to get $1200 + shipping (expected via bike flights) for F/F/HS

The 650b wheelsets and tires I have for sale are:

* Deore / WTB silver hubs laced to black machined side wall Velocity Synergy 32 hole rims. I picked these up from Bill with the AHH: $150 + shipping

* Shimano Tiagra / Novatec Dyno hubs laced to polished Velo Orange rims: $150 +shipping

* Compass Babyshoe Pass 650x42 tires - maybe 150 miles on these tires - sidewalls are dirty but tread shows no wear: $85 shipped

* Panaracer Col de la Vie - wire bead -0 used but tread and sidewalls look nearly new - sidewalls say these are 40-584 but my recollection is they measure around 38mm mounted: $35 shipped

* Schwalbe Kojak wire bead, new, with labels attached, listed at 35-584 and 27.5x1.35 on the sidewall - I've not mounted these - $40 shipped

* Nifty Swifty speedblend 650bx34 - wire bead - these show minimal tread wear but the sidewalls are showing some age - $15 shipped

I'm happy to work with local pickup and possibly delivery in the DC Metro area and I'll entertain offers and combine shipping in some way if you buy multiple items.

Paypal preferred

-Jeff
Silver Spring, MD

adam leibow

Aug 22, 2016, 12:37:37 AM8/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
damn. i gave rivendell the wrong PBH figure when asking if a 56 AHH would fit me, so they said yes and i got it, but after going back they said they would have fit me to the 58. this is very tempting.

Jeff Lesperance

Aug 22, 2016, 9:24:11 AM8/22/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I posted it to ebay last night. I can pull it down if need be. My offer still stands for list members to include a couple sets of tires with the frame.

CMR

Sep 14, 2016, 9:55:07 PM9/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hilsen arrived at my house yesterday, perfectly safely packed. Thanks, Jeff!