Anyone doing the Indianhead 100 in southern MD on Labor Day?

Lungimsam

Aug 21, 2015, 7:56:07 PM8/21/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thinking of doing the 70 ride.

Is it a lot of 6+% grades, or more tame than that? I think Joan and Steve are involved in this ride somehow, or were in times past. Maybe they would know.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out for Riv's, like I always do on organized rides!

Tony DeFilippo

Aug 21, 2015, 8:29:08 PM8/21/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'll be out of town otherwise i'd join you. Have a good time!

Steve Palincsar

Aug 21, 2015, 10:18:17 PM8/21/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

On 08/21/2015 07:56 PM, Lungimsam wrote:
> Thinking of doing the 70 ride.
>
> Is it a lot of 6+% grades, or more tame than that? I think Joan and
> Steve are involved in this ride somehow, or were in times past. Maybe
> they would know.

I am involved, and I will be there.

If you want to check out the RWGPS for the route, here it is:
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9652217 for the 100,
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9738644 for the 70 mile route. It's not a
hilly route by any means. Max elevation change is typically no more
than 150' over something like 0.3 - 0.5 mi and there are only a few
places with even moderately steep grades.

"Hilly" is relative, of course. One time I did the ride and happened to
arrive at a water stop at the top of the most challenging rise on the
entire ride. A guy riding a fixed gear arrived at the same time. I was
happy I was able to make it without shifting into my granny gear and
said something about the rise, and the fixie rider says to me "This is a
flat ride."

Lungimsam

Sep 1, 2015, 10:15:38 PM9/1/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I signed up for the 100 ride.
Anyone else going?
The Lord willing I will be there on my Bleriot and finish easily.
53Bleriotlibrary.JPG

Steve Palincsar

Sep 2, 2015, 6:41:29 AM9/2/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there.

Lungimsam

Sep 2, 2015, 9:15:20 PM9/2/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
What'ya gonna be riding on?

Steve Palincsar

Sep 2, 2015, 10:06:08 PM9/2/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

On 09/02/2015 09:15 PM, Lungimsam wrote:
What'ya gonna be riding on?

Most likely this, although the bar tape is dark brown now, the bag has faded and the B.17 has been replaced by a black Berthoud Aspin.