FS: Deore shifters/pedals, Brand V barrel bag, wool vest, and more!

Shawn Granton

Oct 22, 2016, 1:51:15 PM10/22/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hello all! I just keep on finding more and more stuff to purge! All of these items are available for pickup either the Woodlawn neighborhood (NE) or on SE Hawthorne in Portland, Oregon. We can do cash payment for local pickup. If you are from afar, I will ship items in the US. Please let me know what your zip code is when inquiring, and I'll figure out a shipping price. Payment can be made by Paypal. And let me know if you have any questions! All inquiries and PayPal payments to urbanadven...@gmail.com

  • Shimano Deore “deerhead” thumb shifter. Model number SL-M700. Yes, the legendary beefy first generation Deore shifters that came stock on many a decent mountain bike in the mid-80’s, before the advent of SIS. (The shifters I sell are only friction.) These were stock on my Crested Butte. They still work, but are getting worn and don’t perform as well as they should, so be warned of this. But these shifters deserve a refurbishment and I’m not the one to do that! $30.
  • Dia Compe centerpull brake, front. Probably 70’s vintage. NOT A SET OF BRAKES. $5
  • Coughlan’s LED headlamp. Batteries not included. $3
  • Tektro FL750 brake lever, right side. Modern “city bike” lever, has 22.2 clamp. NOT A SET, JUST ONE. $10
  • Midland saddlebag support. British made, 70's vintage support that clamps to the seatstays. (In order to avoid scratching, I'd recommend taping the stays underneath the clamp area.) Good for keeping a bag from sagging on mudguards or tire. $20
  • Rubena Cityhopper Tires, 26x2.0" (52-559) cream. The non "tourguard" version of these decent wide urban tires. A bit dirty from use. If you are on the less-light side, ride a heavy bike, or ride through less than ideal conditions, I'd advise using a tire liner, thornproof tube, or tube sealant. $5 FOR THE PAIR, OR FREE WITH PURCHASE OF ANOTHER ITEM. LOCAL PICKUP ONLY.
  • Jandd Fanny Pack. Pretty darn basic, medium size. $5
  • Swanndri Wool Vest, size L. New Zealand brand, full zip with hand pockets. Rear is longer than front, so good for cool-weather cycling! $10
  • Velo Orange steel rear fender, 700C size. No hardware included. $10, LOCAL PICKUP ONLY.
  • Shimano Deore XT MTB pedals, late 80's vintage. Designed to be used with clips, or Powergrips, like the Powergrips included with the pedals! A bit scuffed but still work fine. $30 FOR THE PAIR.
  • Rivendell Brand V barrel bag. The older version before the current "Sackville Branding". Canvas bag with velcro straps and two side loops, so can be mounted to handlebars or saddle. Pretty voluminous, the largest of the "barrel" bags I've found! There are three patches on the front, glued on with Shoe Goo, so they can be removed if you want. $35
  • Rivendell bicycle cap. Cotton, the "one size fits most" style. $5
  • RainLegs, size L. Had this pair for a few seasons, and it's pretty delaminated. Good for maybe a couple miles in a shower. I'd try some of that tech spray stuff to revive the waterproofness of tech garments. Good if you want to try out RainLegs but don't want to commit the $45 for a brand new pair. FREE, BUT MUST PURCHASE ANOTHER ITEM.
Photos of everything here:

yours,
Shawn

Shawn Granton

Oct 22, 2016, 4:24:41 PM10/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sale pending on saddle bag support and vest. Other stuff still available!
-Shawn

Shawn Granton

Oct 27, 2016, 1:41:42 PM10/27/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
OK, bump.
I still have a few things left that I'd like to get rid of, so I've lowered prices. Consider this a 48 hour sale of sorts: If I don't get bites by 10 pm Pacific Time on Saturday, the stuff will no longer be offered. I may sit on the items for awhile, donate, or in the case of a few things, go the dreaded eBay route. So now is your time!

And remember: For those of you outside of Portland, Oregon, Payment will be done by PayPal, and please email me your zip code to estimate shipping costs. (Shipping costs not included.) Local pickup in Portland in either Woodlawn (NE) or on SE Hawthorne. Payment can be made with cash. Please email all inquiries to urbanadven...@gmail.com
  • Shimano Deore “deerhead” thumb shifter. Model number SL-M700. Yes, the legendary beefy first generation Deore shifters that came stock on many a decent mountain bike in the mid-80’s, before the advent of SIS. (The shifters I sell are only friction.) These were stock on my Crested Butte. They still work, but are getting worn and don’t perform as well as they should, so be warned of this. But these shifters deserve a refurbishment and I’m not the one to do that! $25 for the pair.
  • Tektro FL750 brake lever, right side. Modern “city bike” lever, has 22.2 clamp. NOT A SET, JUST ONE. $5
  • Rubena Cityhopper Tires, 26x2.0" (52-559) cream. The non "tourguard" version of these decent wide urban tires. A bit dirty from use. If you are on the less-light side, ride a heavy bike, or ride through less than ideal conditions, I'd advise using a tire liner, thornproof tube, or tube sealant. FREE but LOCAL PICKUP ONLY
  • Jandd Fanny Pack. Pretty darn basic, medium size. FREE WITH PURCHASE OF ANOTHER ITEM
  • Velo Orange steel rear fender, 700C size. No hardware included. $5 LOCAL PICKUP ONLY
  • Shimano Deore XT MTB pedals, late 80's vintage. Designed to be used with clips, or Powergrips, like the Powergrips included with the pedals! A bit scuffed but still work fine. $20 FOR THE PAIR.
  • Rivendell Brand V barrel bag. The older version before the current "Sackville Branding". Canvas bag with velcro straps and two side loops, so can be mounted to handlebars or saddle. Pretty voluminous, the largest of the "barrel" bags I've found! There are three patches on the front, glued on with Shoe Goo, so they can be removed if you want. $25.
Thanks for looking!
-Shawn