ISO: MKS "Esprit" pedals or similar

Patrick Moore

Sep 17, 2017, 7:45:17 PM9/17/17
to internet-bob, rbw-owners-bunch
I am looking for something wider than the <3" wide GR-9s that I presently have. I'd buy the VO Sabots, but events just reminded me of the much cheaper MKS "Esprit" pedals, the basic ones without the pop-off mechanism.

Does anyone have these for sale cheap or for trade? Or, does anyone have something similar, to wit: as wide as the (so I read) 5" wide Esprits, but with a broad middle bit to support the very flexy soles of, say, a Sperry Topsider? (Old, made in usa, of course.) The MKS Touring Pedal is out for deficiency here; the Urban is not as wide as the Esprit.

I've seen mtb pedals with teeth but also extended and flattened bodies, that would work; can't think of makes/models off had, but if the bit inside the cage is like the Esprit, and if the pedal is at least 4" wide I'd like to consider it.

Have things to trade, or can reluctantly dig up a little cash. Little cash; $32 freely shipped at Amazon.

************

These might be alright; has anyone used them? I'd want to attach clips and straps; they look as if they'd accept them. No?

And why don't I just spend $32 and order from Amazon? I want to help Bobdom and RBW-ists empty their bins of unwanted bits. Public service, and all that.

Inline image 1

Thanks, Patrick

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, EUA
Auditis an me ludit amabilis insania?

Patrick Moore

Sep 17, 2017, 7:47:18 PM9/17/17
to internet-bob, rbw-owners-bunch
Meant to add: rant! I will not buy (or, will not buy unless they're really cheap) from vendors of clip or flat pedals who don't publish dimensions.

Tom M

Sep 18, 2017, 12:17:46 AM9/18/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I run half-clips on my RMX pedals on our tandem, Riv used to sell those.
--Tom

Joe Bernard

Sep 18, 2017, 2:51:45 AM9/18/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I don't know about attaching things to them, but I love RMX pedals.

lum gim fong

Sep 20, 2017, 2:27:55 AM9/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
They have reflectors, too, which are so useful for commuting at night.
Just wish they had a silver colored spindle.

Patrick Moore

Sep 20, 2017, 11:56:18 AM9/20/17
to internet-bob, rbw-owners-bunch
Tom and Joe: thanks for the RMX pedal approval. I may just settle for those; the reflectors are a plus, in my book. (Well, the rear reflector; I'd pop out the front to install clips.)