FS: Giordana 57 road frame, Nitto Campee lowrider, Stronglight 99, Campy BB, and more!

Tim Gavin

Nov 30, 2016, 11:55:12 AM11/30/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, internet-bob
I have various items for sale, plus actual shipping cost via BikeFlights.  Located in Cedar Rapids, IA.

1) 51 cm Soma San Marcos (v1), $1200 complete or $600 frameset.

2) 57 cm Giordana XL-Eco road stage race frame/fork/headset, $250.
Exceedingly light lugged steel frame of thin-wall, heat-treated Excell steel; it definitely planed for me.  Springy, but not noodly.  I'm selling the frame because it's too small for me.
Designed by Dario Pegoretti, handmade in Italy by Billato Bros in the mid-90s.
However, this frame only clears a 700 x 26 or 650 x 36 tire.
Plenty of small chips, scuffs, and scratches (especially in the decals), but no dents.
Downtube cable stops are included, but the knobs are corroded.
90s vintage Shimano XTR headset included
32h 700c Mavic Open Pro/Shimano Tricolor 600 wheelset also available for $150.

3) Nitto Mt Campee F20 front rack w/lowriders, $180.
This is the 26" wheel version; it fits well on 26 x 2" or 650 x 42 setups, plus fenders.  Intended for forks with eyelets in front of the fork ends.
This version also has a larger top platform (5.25" x 9.5") than other Campee front racks (Nitto min-rack size 4.25" x 8")
The lower mounting struts were trimmed down to about 1" by the prevoius owner, but I restored the length with a Tubus extension kit.  Now, it has 13.75" from platform to lower eyelet.

4) Velo Orange Constructeur front rack, $70.

5) Stronglight 99 triple crankset, with Campagnolo Record loose ball BB, $100.
170 mm crankarm length, standard English pedal and extractor threads!  86 mm BCD.
52t, 42t, and 30t Stronglight rings with little wear but some dirt and scuffing.
These vintage French cranks have very low Q, but there is little clearance between the big ring and the straight crankarm.  A front derailleur with a scuplted outer cage (most modern triple FDs) will hit the arm.  I recommend a vintage FD with a flat outer cage plate; it friction shifted great with an '80s Suntour Cyclone FD.

6) Nitto 185 drop handlebar, $40.  42 cm width, 26.0 mm clamp, 82 mm reach, 140 mm drop.  Classic curve.  Not too scratched, but with plenty of bar tape residue.
These are not the currently-produced "neat" model; the "neat" model has cable grooves that this bar lacks.

7) Full Speed Ahead (FSA) New Ergo drop handlebars, $25.  46 cm width, 31.8 mm clamp, 80 mm reach, 150 mm drop.  New, ergo D-shaped curve, works great with STI/Ergo brifters.  VG shape with only a little bar tape residue.

8) Velo Orange Retro Mk1 bottle cages, $8 each.  Good shape, but I prefer King Iris cages.

9) Sackville Large Trunksack, olive, $70.  Reasonably used condition; no tears or holes, good leather.  Coroplast stiffener included.

10) Carradice Super C SQR Tour seatpost bag, $20.  No SQR seatpost-mounted block included, you'll have to source your own.  Bag is in good shape with no tears.  Sorry, no pics, but it's this exact model

Thanks for your interest!
Tim Gavin,
Cedar Rapids, IA

Tim Gavin

Nov 30, 2016, 12:03:24 PM11/30/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, internet-bob
9 and 10 (Sackville trunk and Carradice SQR bag) are claimed pending payment.

9) Sackville Large Trunksack, olive, $70.  Reasonably used condition; no tears or holes, good leather.  Coroplast stiffener included. -- SOLD

10) Carradice Super C SQR Tour seatpost bag, $20.  No SQR seatpost-mounted block included, you'll have to source your own.  Bag is in good shape with no tears.  Sorry, no pics, but it's this exact model. -- SOLD

Mark R.

Nov 30, 2016, 12:16:35 PM11/30/16
to internet-bob, rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
just wanted to comment: the workmanship on Giordana's is superb.  My LeMond was also built by the Billato Bros, and let me tell you, the mitering, brazing, filing, alignment, was as good as it gets.

Great frame, simple lugs, cast fittings, too bad about that 8 foot ditch in the road that claimed it's life.  The fork pretty much stayed straight, the down tube bent as it was supposed to, the bottom edge of the downtube lug was rounded, not pointed, so no can opener effect.

Nice!

Mark
who appreciated that bike even though totaled almost as much as when it was rideable
SDCA

Tim Gavin

Dec 8, 2016, 12:41:29 PM12/8/16
to internet-bob, rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Bump!  Items 4, 9, and 10 are sold or claimed.

I will entertain offers, especially on multiple items.

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 10:55:14 AM UTC-6, Tim Gavin wrote:
[...]

Bill Lindsay

Dec 8, 2016, 2:42:57 PM12/8/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Tim

On one of these boards, I saw a WTB post for a tricolor Hubert. Maybe you could find that potential buyer for your wheelset

Bill

Tim Gavin

Dec 8, 2016, 2:46:25 PM12/8/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bill.  I'll search.  You thinking RBW, 650b, iBOB, or Classic Rendezvous?

Tim Gavin

Dec 8, 2016, 2:48:56 PM12/8/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I found it on 650b.  Thanks!

Tim Gavin

Dec 8, 2016, 2:57:56 PM12/8/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/650b/tricolor%7Csort:relevance/650b/irOsuXe479A/wd2iyjacCAAJ

So, I found the post.  He's looking for just the hubs.  So, I look on eBay to get an idea of a fair price, and I find this listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Set-of-Shimano-600-Tricolor-Hubs-8-9-10-11-SPEED-IN-GREAT-SHAPE-130MM-/381876098473?hash=item58e996d5a9:g:t0AAAOSw6DtYRzU2

I'm not going to unlace my wheels just to sell the hubs for $50, and now I'd feel bad charging him more.  So, I told him so and sent him the eBay listing.  LOL!

Cheers,
Tim

Bill Lindsay

Dec 8, 2016, 3:04:52 PM12/8/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I don't frequent CR, so that probably wasn't it, but check the rest.

Bill

Tim Gavin

Dec 24, 2016, 8:19:58 PM12/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Bump!
Items 3, 4, 9, and 10 are sold.

Taking offers on Soma San Marcos f/f/hs or complete, Giordana f/f/hs, and drop bars.

Tim Gavin

Dec 30, 2016, 12:41:20 AM12/30/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have various items for sale, plus actual shipping cost via BikeFlights. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA.

San Marcos, racks, and bags sold! Updated list, lower prices!

1) 57 cm Giordana XL-Eco road stage race frame/fork/headset, $225.

Exceedingly light lugged steel frame of thin-wall, heat-treated Excell steel; it definitely planed for me. Springy, but not noodly. I'm selling the frame because it's too small for me.
Designed by Dario Pegoretti, handmade in Italy by Billato Bros in the mid-90s.
Some description and geometry here.
However, this frame only clears a 700 x 26 or 650 x 36 tire.
Plenty of small chips, scuffs, and scratches (especially in the decals), but no dents.
Downtube cable stops are included, but the knobs are corroded.
90s vintage Shimano XTR headset included

Pictures here: http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/Tim_Gavin/library/Giordana

2) 32h 700c Mavic Open Pro/Shimano Tricolor 600 wheelset, $140.

5) Stronglight 99 triple crankset, with Campagnolo Record loose ball BB, $90.

170 mm crankarm length, standard English pedal and extractor threads! 86 mm BCD.
Campagnolo Record loose ball BB cups, Stronglight 125 mm triple spindle. ~150 mm Q factor.
52t, 42t, and 30t Stronglight rings with little wear but some dirt and scuffing.
These vintage French cranks have very low Q, but there is little clearance between the big ring and the straight crankarm. A front derailleur with a scuplted outer cage (most modern triple FDs) will hit the arm. I recommend a vintage FD with a flat outer cage plate; it friction shifted great with an '80s Suntour Cyclone FD.

6) Nitto 185 drop handlebar, $35. 42 cm width, 26.0 mm clamp, 82 mm reach, 140 mm drop. Classic curve. Not too scratched, but with plenty of bar tape residue.

These are not the currently-produced "neat" model; the "neat" model has cable grooves that this bar lacks.

7) Full Speed Ahead (FSA) New Ergo drop handlebars, $20. 46 cm width, 31.8 mm clamp, 80 mm reach, 150 mm drop. New, ergo D-shaped curve, works great with STI/Ergo brifters. VG shape with only a little bar tape residue.

8) Velo Orange Retro Mk1 bottle cages, $6 each. Good shape, but I prefer King Iris cages.