FS: Shimano Bar-End Shifters

Eric Norris

Feb 17, 2017, 5:47:52 PM2/17/17
to RBW
Pair of Shimano bar-ends compatible with 8S and 9s systems. A little scuffed, but otherwise fine.

$25 shipped in the USA.

--Eric Norris
campyo...@me.com
@CampyOnlyguy (Twitter/Instagram)

Joe Bernard

Feb 17, 2017, 6:07:07 PM2/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
To clarify, the only 8-speed system they work with is Dura-Ace 8 from the late-'80s/early-'90s.

Eric Norris

Joe Bunik

Feb 17, 2017, 6:56:23 PM2/17/17
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Something I've always been unclear on - and yes I am sure Sheldon has
the answer (but gonna ask anyways!) -

Are the 8-speed Dura Ace *cassettes* different from other "normal"
Shimano 8sp HG cassettes? I've always presumed that the sticker on
these BES implies that the RD-7400 has a different (read: same as
"normal" Shimano 9sp) pull requirement. But, does that translate to
the cassettes required as well?

I ask b/c I also have these shifters, AND also one of those 8sp DA
cassettes languishing.
=- Joe Bunik
Walnut Creek, CA

On 2/17/17, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To clarify, the only 8-speed system they work with is Dura-Ace 8 from the
> late-'80s/early-'90s.

Steve Palincsar

Feb 17, 2017, 6:59:52 PM2/17/17

On 02/17/2017 06:56 PM, Joe Bunik wrote:
> Something I've always been unclear on - and yes I am sure Sheldon has
> the answer (but gonna ask anyways!) -
>
> Are the 8-speed Dura Ace *cassettes* different from other "normal"
> Shimano 8sp HG cassettes? I've always presumed that the sticker on
> these BES implies that the RD-7400 has a different (read: same as
> "normal" Shimano 9sp) pull requirement. But, does that translate to
> the cassettes required as well?

Dura Ace cassettes are lighter and fancier, but functionally they are
interchangeable with lower group cassettes.

Joe Bernard

Feb 17, 2017, 7:40:45 PM2/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Steve is right, the cassettes are the same. It's in the cable pull. Sheldon knows all:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/dura-ace.html