Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Bob B

ungelesen,
15.10.2017, 12:37:1515.10.17
an RBW Owners Bunch
"NITTO
B353
520
TT"

That's what's on the pair of Bosco Bars I found atop a pile of trash outside an apartment building this morning as I was walking to get a bagel and coffee. Pretty good find, right? What I'm wondering about is, what does the "TT" marking mean?  I have a pear of 550 cromo boscos on my commuter, which have a different looking finish... so which version did I find? I realize the red HT sticker would be missing if these were the HT version.

Then a broader question I have is what do the various two letter markings designate: I've seen AA, TT, VW, etc? I tried googling this but cant find it anywhere. Hope this isn't to annoying a question for this group!

Bob B

ungelesen,
15.10.2017, 12:42:3915.10.17
an RBW Owners Bunch
I think I may have just answered my own (first) question by remembering that my 550 cromos are bulge-formed... so I guess these are the HT version. Score! Any insight on the two-letter markings would be appreciated, though!

Bob
Brooklyn, NY

lum gim fong

ungelesen,
15.10.2017, 16:54:5715.10.17
an RBW Owners Bunch
Wonder why they were trashed?
My 53's are aluminum with red band.
Perhaps these are 52 True Temper? But i thought that was for frame tubes only? Just a wild guess. Probly wrong.

Bob B

ungelesen,
18.10.2017, 10:18:4018.10.17
an RBW Owners Bunch
Called HQ--Will was certain they are the heat treated aluminum. That's cool. Didn't bother to ask what the "TT" inscription means, though.

Looks like they've been mounted before, but barely used. Seem to be aligned and in fine shape. Will's theory was that it was due to an angry break-up. My theory is that somehow they wound up on a bike that someone bought on Craigslist. The new owner, unaware of the joys of Boscos, let alone their monetary value, swapped them out for some "cooler" bars. Im going to throw out a guess they were bullhorns, because that kind of person would probably do that (maybe it was the dude who yelled "nice girls bike!" that one day as I rode by on my Bosco'ed commuter). Anyway that's just a theory, and whatever really happened, I hope they're happy now that they purged their apartment of a pair of huge bicycle handlebars.

Another man's treasure...

Bob
Brooklyn, NY

Kainalu V.

ungelesen,
18.10.2017, 14:46:0018.10.17
an RBW Owners Bunch
Ummmm...  sorry about that girl's bike holler, I've since become more enlightened and less inebriated.
-Kai
BK NY

Bob B

ungelesen,
18.10.2017, 15:50:1618.10.17
an RBW Owners Bunch
Proud of you for sobering up, Kai. Praying 4 u to get over your bullhorn obsession.

Bob
Brooklyn, NY
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor