Rosco kids bike

drew

Jan 12, 2017, 10:56:23 PM1/12/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've seen a couple photos floating around. Is there any concrete info on a kids Rosco bubbe yet?

dstein

Jan 13, 2017, 1:20:13 PM1/13/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I talked to someone at HQ about this when picking up my Rosco Rubbe. I think it was just a sample they were playing with, but ultimately it is too expensive for a kid that will grow out of so quickly, at least a fully lugged version would be. The sample was used by someone local for a while and they just dropped it off as their kid outgrew it. No plans from what I picked up on making it an actual bike.

stoker

Jan 13, 2017, 1:50:31 PM1/13/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Photo's?

Bill Lindsay

Jan 13, 2017, 2:21:03 PM1/13/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Stoker concisely inquired:

Photo's?

Here is a link to a photo of a kids bike frameset with the Rosco Bubbe proto-label:

As dstein said, there was never a concrete plan to make and sell kids bikes.  They once took the groups temperature with a couple questions like: If we made a kids bike frameset and it cost $500, would you want to buy one?  I'd guess that today the real cost would be something very much like the current Rosco Bubbe frames.  Rivendell doesn't think there's a sufficient demand for a $925 kids bike frame, and I agree with Riv in that opinion.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Shoji Takahashi

Jan 13, 2017, 2:31:28 PM1/13/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

Joe Bernard

Jan 13, 2017, 3:32:37 PM1/13/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I would love to turn that into a mini velo with a long stem, but I'm crazy ;-)

Ryan Fleming

Jan 13, 2017, 3:56:17 PM1/13/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
agreed  it's a bit spendy   ..OTOH if you can pass it down through your brood and you have a good parts stash , it's not a terrible idea to swallow the $500 price. Depends on your finances and priorities...and whether your kids are into bikes. Gotta say....I like em though