Ride report about a 400K on an A.Homer Hilsen

Iron Rider

May 25, 2016, 12:27:16 AM5/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch

cyclotourist

May 25, 2016, 1:17:28 AM5/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
It most definitely feels good to be alive!

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Iron Rider <100...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

kielsun

May 25, 2016, 9:15:08 AM5/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Well done! Sounds like an amazing experience.

James Chang

May 25, 2016, 9:49:57 AM5/25/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Great read.  I did my first 200K just this past weekend with Randonneur Taiwan, also on an AHH and the bike was great through out.  I didn't feel so good at the end but still managed to finished the ride with 1.5 hours to spare.

The AHH is so versatile and capable.

James Chang
*** club sandwich, not seal ***

EGNolan

May 25, 2016, 11:51:22 AM5/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I loved the write up, well done. I think, though you are actually working on exactly what Maslow said you should be " Self-Actualization - realizing personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences."

Riding the brevets definitely makes you work towards your physical potential, it seems you're gaining fulfillment from these adventures as well. Growth & peak experience seem to be extremely present in your writing as well. I hope you carry on with your rides and your writing and continue to find that feeling of just being happy to be alive, in this moment.

Best,
Eric

Mark in Beacon

May 25, 2016, 11:58:51 AM5/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice take, thanks for writing your experience. I like the affects on the featured photo illustration too.

Iron Rider

May 25, 2016, 5:22:44 PM5/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch

Thanks and actually the photo is not an illustration and there are no effects or filters. I took that shot with a point and shoot camera while doing the ride. The effects you see are the rain and motion blur from from a long shutter speed.

Daniel Jackson

May 25, 2016, 9:29:20 PM5/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thoroughly enjoyed this one. It's time to get my rando on, methinks.

Lungimsam

May 26, 2016, 1:50:35 AM5/26/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Easier thought than done.