FS 58 cm Cromo Bosco BullMoose bars

Goshen Peter

Feb 17, 2015, 9:20:35 PM2/17/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
They are wrapped, shellaced, have dia compe knobs and interruptor levers. They had cork grips and barends so new grips should go over the grungy area fine. Add grips and shifters and youre good to go. Selling for 100 shipped, if that sounds fair. picture should be below. Paypal to this address please. thanks

Peter
20150217_210516 (2).jpg

Goshen Peter

Feb 18, 2015, 11:56:24 AM2/18/15
to rbw-owners-bunch

Bump, 80 shipped.

Richard Rios

Feb 18, 2015, 12:37:20 PM2/18/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter

I am interested in the bars. I apologize for the post as I Don't know how to pm from my phone. Please feel free to contact me at 909 910-7424 as to where I can send PayPal payment.

thank you,
Richard

Goshen Peter

Feb 18, 2015, 12:41:47 PM2/18/15
to rbw-owners-bunch

All good, PayPal at this address with your address when u get a chance. At work, cant talk bikes, haha.

Jim Bronson

Feb 18, 2015, 12:42:19 PM2/18/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

He said that the PayPal should go to the address that he posts from.

Richard Rios

Mar 28, 2015, 1:14:43 PM3/28/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Have you sent the bars or can you please provide me with an update?  It has been about a month and a half since I paid you. I have been trying to contact you and haven't heard back.

Thanks,
Richard

Bill Lindsay

Mar 29, 2015, 2:32:30 PM3/29/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Richard

Hopefully you will make contact. More than once in the last year Peter has had health issues cause delays in his shipping of FS items. I hope he is well and I hope you eventually get your bars

drew beckmeyer

Mar 29, 2015, 8:12:26 PM3/29/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
In the same boat here with regard to a saddle, which he told me he sent over a month ago. Finally the response I got was that he had to attend a funeral and he was not checking that email address anymore....which is sort of frustrating. Sorta relieved it's not just me, because I was just about to write that 90$ off as gone.

Richard Rios

Mar 29, 2015, 9:37:15 PM3/29/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response. It is definately helpful as I am hoping for the best, for everyone involved. I have had great experiences in the past purchasing items from fellow list members. I bought my A Homer Hilsen from Frank_a and he was awesome to deal with. I had a nice conversation with him about the frame and everything. So I just assumed the same of all members and pay paled the money to Peter with the friend / family option so he didn't have to pay fees as the bars were already very well priced. Again hopefully everything will work out for everyone involved. Clearly health and family issues are way more important than handlebars. But in anything less than the most dire of situations a simple
refund or tracking number is only a couple of minutes of time at most. I hope I don't come across as in sensitive because that definately isn't my intent.

Drew,

I feel for you as I am in the same boat. Initially he said there was a shipping delay due to snow storms where he lives. Then it turned into the package was shipped and he would send me the tracking number which never came, the next time I contacted him a family member was sick and he said he would get back to me, which has never happened. For what it is worth I totally understand any frustration you are feeling. I am kinda at the point of writing it off as a loss as well, but am remaining hopeful that everything will work out, as the owners bunch is a fantastic community and I would hate to think anyone is acting...well in a way that is not so nice.

Sincerely,
Richard

Jim Bronson

Mar 29, 2015, 9:54:12 PM3/29/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Oh no. Not again!

I bought a frame from Peter a few months back and it took at least a
month to get it. It did show up eventually, but it took a lot of back
and forth. The other folks who purchased items from him that were
advertised on the list at the same time also suffered long delays in
getting their items. I know this because we had an off list email
thread going on it. Eventually, everyone got their items but it took
an inordinate amount of time.

Peter, folks are expecting a reasonable turnaround on this stuff. I
don't know what's going on and I know you said you live way out in the
sticks, but you've got to commit to getting stuff to folks as within a
reasonable period of time.

I would hate to see us have to have some sort of "buyer beware" list
around here, but you're really pushing the envelope as to what's
acceptable. $0.02.
--
Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!

drew beckmeyer

Mar 31, 2015, 4:37:58 PM3/31/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Richard,
I got a similar set of postponements and stories. The funeral that he had to attend to was weeks ago. I kept asking for a refund or a tracking number and I would get responses that had neither...until no responses at all. The frustrating and suspect thing is that a paypal refund would take the same time to do as writing an email telling me he was too busy to do that. The fact that neither of us got our packages or a tracking number, implies that they were never sent....even though he said they were.

To everyone who has been through this before, what did you do to finally get your items or your money back?

Deacon Patrick

Mar 31, 2015, 4:43:32 PM3/31/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Fortunately and unfortunately, the same things you've been doing.

With abandon,
Patrick

cyclotourist

Mar 31, 2015, 4:49:09 PM3/31/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I purchased a seatpost from him in December. There was no communication for about a month, then I emailed a few times. He said it must have been lost, but that he had another one that he would send, and that came about a week later IIRC.

So I can say that he delivered what I bought, and AAFAIK he delivered to everyone else, but it did take approximately a month with poor communication.

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

Bill Lindsay

Mar 31, 2015, 8:09:59 PM3/31/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
When I saw a Bosco Bullmoose for $80, I was ready to jump on it.  Such a deal!  Then I saw who the seller was, and decided not to jump.  Maybe I should have looked out for the group the way I looked out for myself.  I promise I will next time.

Robert Barr

Mar 31, 2015, 11:01:27 PM3/31/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
To respond to Drew's question, I did get my item. It took a long time, and there were several emails, but I got my item, and it was as promised. In fairness, after I got my first note from Peter telling me there had been a shipping error, I told him not to worry - the item was for bike I was going to build until later. If I had been building up a bike at the time and needing the crank to finish, I would have been more frustrated. Later when it became clear that my experience wasn't unique, I held off on sending a note to Jim because it seemed that items were being shipped, albeit very slowly. That may have been a mistake on my part, but I have heard enough unbelievable stories from students that ended up being true, that I tend to be very careful. Bob

Richard Rios

Apr 1, 2015, 1:39:12 AM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to think up a very thoughtful response to all of this.  Being on the bogus end of a burn has perhaps made this a bit more difficult.  The intent of my original response post was a good faith effort to contact Peter since phone calls, texts, and emials were failing.  Unfortunately as of writing it does not seem to have had it's desired effect.  In any event I must admit as much as I am dissapointed by this experience I am equally confused.  You see for the life of me I can't quite figure out why someone would sell items to others, hold onto them citing shipping delays or health problems or..., causing some degree of concern or frustration on the purchaseres part, ultimately just to send the part(s) out.   Is it just me or does any one else find this behavior a bit pecular.   I mean once, maybe even twice, to have "health issues", or "shipping delays", I get it stuff happens.  But I think that it is fair to conclude at this point there is a bit more to the story than that. So I have now resigned myself to the fact that this is more than likely a loss.  I am tired of thinking about it and if Peter needs the money that bad then he can have it and I wish him well.  Hopefully he will find good health mentally, spiritually, physically,  and if my 80$ somehow contributes to this then all the better.  This type of behavior really just bums me out big time.  Please forgive me and thank you for bearing with me as I know I dont post often, but I read often and enjoy many of the thoughts and experiences shared by those that do. I will again beg your pardon as typically I don't take things this hard but in an other wise complicated world the owners bunch is where I come for my daily dose of aaw shucks, golly wally, the good guys look out for the other guys, wear white, and always win...The stuff about lugs and handlebar tape is cool to!)

Sincerly,
Richard

James Warren

Apr 1, 2015, 2:18:48 AM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Richard,

Thank you for sharing in an honest and empathetic way about something that is troubling but relevant to people who read here.

-Jim W.

James Warren

- 700x33

drew beckmeyer

Apr 1, 2015, 2:41:05 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
very well said, Richard.
you've an admirable amount of graciousness about the situation, while i have to stop myself from fuming.  i am in 100% agreement that there is more to the story. the behavior makes so little sense and is repeated with every transaction, yet the reasons given/excuses change and fluctuate depending on the need. i've done a little bit of internet digging and rereading of my correspondence with him and, for me at least, it points to at least some amount of duplicitousness. someone shouldn't be able to post on twitter as often as he does and not be able to send a refund via paypal or just be in touch. confusing and disappointing indeed. i will probably have a harder time letting this go. I'm a teacher, getting married in a month, putting a bike together piece by piece when there is some cash/time leftover for that sort of thing. 85$ isnt a ton, but it still sucks to have it taken from you and then be ignored until you assume that you have been swindled.

Justin August

Apr 1, 2015, 2:58:19 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hey Richard-
I have some 55cm aluminum Boscos that I will ship to you if wanted. Gratis. Feel like it's worth it to pay it forward in the name of the group, also my karma could use some shining.

Let me know if you're interested.

-J, Oakland

cyclotourist

Apr 1, 2015, 4:34:03 PM4/1/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Love this place!

drew beckmeyer

Apr 1, 2015, 5:01:34 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
day=made.
parts aside, i just feel good about being a human again. thanks justin and steve (who just doubled down on generosity in an email to me)

Richard Rios

Apr 1, 2015, 5:13:26 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,

That is a super generous offer! I am no where near eloquent enough to express my appreciation in the way I would actually like other than to offer a sincere and heart felt thank you!!!!

sincerely,
Richard

Deacon Patrick

Apr 1, 2015, 6:00:36 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Beeeeee-uteeeeeeeee-ful!

With abandon,
Patrick

Frank Brose

Apr 1, 2015, 6:53:51 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Justin some how I don't think your Karma needs shining it probably gets shined often. Kudos to you for helping Richard and helping me to never lose sight of the fact the world is full of good people. You made my week. Thank You.
Frank