Sam fenders

Carla Waugh

May 18, 2017, 4:54:10 PM5/18/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
What fenders are you using with Compass Barlow Pass tires and a 700c Sam. I tried the copper colored Handsome Devil fenders and they don't work. Ideas?

Ron Mc

May 18, 2017, 5:31:01 PM5/18/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not on Sam, but with Barlow Pass, I'm running 43mm Honjo NM29-700N from Jitensha, and they're a perfect match.  What I like about Jitensha is they sell un-drilled fender blanks, so you put all the holes right where you need them.
Mine are fluted, but the sell the same size hammered, HI27-700CN
They also sell all their hardware separately, so you can get just the mounting stuff you want.  - They are not inexpensive....

I think you can fit wider fenders and tires on a Sam.

Stephen D

May 19, 2017, 7:12:20 PM5/19/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
My wife is running 45mm velo orange fenders with Barlow Pass tires in a 56cm Sam.

Here's some pics: https://flickr.com/photos/72597112@N00/sets/72157664785138301

If you look at newest pics I added to my general Flickr account, you can see the clearance that we obtaines

Carla Waugh

May 19, 2017, 8:22:29 PM5/19/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I wonder if the brakes that came in the complete are the limiting factor?

Stephen D

May 19, 2017, 9:19:45 PM5/19/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
That's a good point - we had to switch to Paul Racers to get enough clearance.

Ray Shine

May 19, 2017, 10:20:31 PM5/19/17
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Cyndee!

My wife is running 45mm velo orange fenders with Barlow Pass tires in a 56cm Sam.

Here's some pics: https://flickr.com/photos/72597112@N00/sets/72157664785138301

If you look at newest pics I added to my general Flickr account, you can see the clearance that we obtaines

Dave Small

May 20, 2017, 1:34:17 AM5/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I installed Velo-Orange 52mm Zeppelin fenders on the complete Sam I got in 2016.  I kept the same brakes and the 38mm Kendra tires that came on the bike.  It all works well together, and looks great.

Carla Waugh

May 20, 2017, 5:33:06 PM5/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I took off my Barlow Pass tires put on my Jack. Towns and boy is my Sam fast!

Brian Campbell

May 20, 2017, 8:36:34 PM5/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch, r.s...@sbcglobal.net

50mm VO "Snake Skin" fenders w/ Barlow pass tires