I’ll bite: what is a Randi Jo Pocket Tender?

William R.

Nov 10, 2017, 5:56:39 AM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I received Rivs November email promo yesterday and down at the bottom they have this new bag: Randi Jo XL Pocket tender bag. Looks interesting. Follow the link and it’s out of stock. That just makes it look more interesting to me! But what is it? All photos show it detached from the bike or person. And they mention an existing smaller version. Is this meant to be an under the saddle burrito roll type of bag? It kind of looks like one of those bags that free climbers use to keep their powder in... makes me wonder if it could also attach to a persons hip or like a “fanny pack” or something. Thus the pocket tender name? Anyway, never heard of these and they look pretty neat.

Bill in Westchester, NY

Wally Estrella

Nov 10, 2017, 6:51:58 AM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

Broccoli Cog

Nov 10, 2017, 9:48:06 AM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow! Those didn’t take long to sell out!

William R.

Nov 10, 2017, 12:38:09 PM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yeah... I guess there were only 20 after internal sales. More info in Grants new blahg post. I like carrying a camera when I ride and this bag looks super convenient for that and lots of other stuff right there on the bar. I am also liking the new and upcoming banana bag. Good stuff.

And thanks Wally. I had no idea. Lots out there.

Bill in Westchester, NY

Ed Carolipio

Nov 10, 2017, 1:23:01 PM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've got the Revelate Feedbags, though the waxed canvas on the Randi Jos definitely has an old school vibe which resonates aesthetically with saddlesack stuff, leather saddles, and shellacked bar tape. I used mine with a frame bag to hold water bottles and snacks. It didn't affect handling and they never got in the way. Probably not a required item, but having a pair gives flexibility in how/what to carry on a bike.

--Ed C

Carla Waugh

Nov 10, 2017, 2:28:52 PM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I missed out called to late. Maybe next time.

velomann

Nov 10, 2017, 3:36:34 PM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Swift Industries also carries them here:https://builtbyswift.com/shop/swift-campout-pockettender/ Made by the awesome Randi Jo Fabrications in Elkton, Oregon. I read that Rivendell's bags were custom designed slightly larger than the normal ones. Randi Jo doesn't normally offer the Pocket Tender version of the Bartender bag, but occasionally do custom runs fro Swift, Tarik Salah, others I've seen. I have two, one with pocket and one without. I prefer the pocket version where I keep my Snowpeak spork and round flask on the outside along with Paul brake tool/bottle opener. I've found for longer rides I pretty much can't live without it.
Contact Randi Jo if you want a custom one with pocket made. She's even offered to sew my own supplied patch on the pocket if I ship it to her.

Broccoli Cog

Nov 10, 2017, 3:38:18 PM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I will say that the pocket tender was very appealing but it came down to a want vs. need. That was enough hesitation to miss out. Oh well to many competing priorities with my Appaloosa build.

Carla Waugh

Nov 10, 2017, 7:45:11 PM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think a new bike trumps most!

Shawn Granton

Nov 10, 2017, 8:01:38 PM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
If you don't worry about get a RBW branded one, you can get one straight from the source:

-Shawn

Justin, Oakland

Nov 10, 2017, 9:25:39 PM11/10/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Lots of folks make similar items. I’ll plug my friend David’s Sonut Sack bags. His Dunk Tank Stem bag is aces and he’ll customize if you reach out. My custom XPac basket bag is amazing. http://dbags.bigcartel.com

-Justin

Steve Butcher

Nov 11, 2017, 8:56:40 AM11/11/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I recently acquired a Roadrunner Bags Auto-Pilot which is very similar and absolutely cavernous.  Fits my Rosco Bubbe mixte quite well.

velomann

Nov 11, 2017, 3:12:26 PM11/11/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I just got notice that Randi Jo is posting a bunch of new Pocket Tenders in various fabrics about noon on 11/11.

Shawn Granton

Nov 11, 2017, 3:17:36 PM11/11/17
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 12:12 PM, velomann <velo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just got notice that Randi Jo is posting a bunch of new Pocket Tenders in various fabrics about noon on 11/11.

tarik saleh

Nov 11, 2017, 11:48:15 PM11/11/17
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Those big ones looked pretty great.  I have some normal sized  Tarik Saleh Bike Club waxed cotton Randi Jo non-pocket bartenders for sale still on the the webstore.
They look awesome, but have no pockets. My pocket bartenders sold out in a week.

I set up a "RBW" discount code that should knock off $5 off any order over $35, TSBC Randi Jo caps, bartenders, or large orders of other stuff.

Tarik Saleh Bike Club info, if you don't know:
http://tariksaleh.com/tsbc/

Thanks

Tarik

Tarik Saleh
tas at tariksaleh dot com
in los alamos, NM, USA, po box 208, 87544
http://tariksaleh.com
Tarik Saleh Bike Club!: http://tariksaleh.com/tsbc