Feeler: 54cm Rambouillet with couplers $1500?

Beardpapa

Nov 19, 2015, 10:29:28 PM11/19/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
I am considering selling my freshly painted 54cm Rambouillet with couplers to fund a new custom build. $1500 plus shipping?

It has a brand new paint job from Austin Paintworks and hasn't been built up since the repaint.
Here are some photos from the old silver color. Pic 1. Pic 2. Pic 3. Pic 4. Pic 5. Pic 6. Pic 7. Pic 8.

Here is the repaint in Azure Grey.

Mark Reimer

Nov 20, 2015, 11:27:33 AM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ahhhhh WHY can't it be a 58cm :( :( :(

Lungimsam

Nov 20, 2015, 3:44:17 PM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
As an aside...when they put on couplers, do they strive to maintain the exact original TT and DT spec'd lengths, or does it cause lengthening of the tubes?

DMG

Nov 20, 2015, 5:34:30 PM11/20/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not to piggyback, but... I have a 59 (canti) Romulus which is essentially a 58 Rambouillet, which I'm also potentially going to be selling, although without couplers or a nice fresh paint job. Interested parties can feel free to check in for more info while I dither endlessly about whether I should sell it or not....

Lungimsam – S&S'ed frames are the same size post-coupler installation; only a little bit of material is removed to install the threaded bit of the coupler. They really don't affect the feel of the bike at all (unless they loosen up, I suppose... and I've only had that happen to me once. It's like forgetting to unclip when you're new to clipless pedals.

-Dan, DC