Re: FS: 2017 Appaloosa 51cm green

Message has been deleted

Belopsky

Jul 20, 2017, 11:19:47 AM7/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Post a price.

Belopsky

Jul 20, 2017, 11:19:58 AM7/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Is this free?

Chris Birkenmaier

Jul 20, 2017, 1:43:26 PM7/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Safe to say no it is not.  With all the details he provided just an oversight on including the price.  We've all been there I'm sure! :)

On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 11:19:58 AM UTC-4, Belopsky wrote:
Is this free?

drew

Jul 20, 2017, 2:03:58 PM7/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Isn't there someone who just posted about wanting a 51 Appaloosa?

Singlespeed Johnny

Jul 20, 2017, 9:18:15 PM7/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
a lot of people see to be getting rid of their appaloosas. wonder why?

Sky Coulter

Jul 21, 2017, 12:20:20 AM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Mine is my very favorite bike.

Sky in new west

Philip Kim

Jul 21, 2017, 8:40:15 AM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
for me it was financial reasons i had to cut the appaloosa. it was either the custom or appaloosa, and I figure when things have settles, an appaloosa will still be there, my custom will not.

Davey Two Shoes

Jul 21, 2017, 11:11:40 AM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
It IS odd how many Joes have come up for sale.

Clem FTW!! lol

REC

Jul 21, 2017, 12:12:10 PM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I thought it was just a few that were being sold.  I love my Joe A.  It's my first Riv.

Bob Lovejoy

Jul 21, 2017, 12:28:25 PM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hhmmmm... I looked back through FS posts on this forum, nothing scientific, nothing formal, but I see a wide variety of bikes for sale, more Sam's, a few Homer's, but there are Atlantis, Cheviot's, Clem's, Betty Foy's, a Riv Road, a Roscoe, other non-Riv bikes.

I know there was at least one person who had miscalculated a bit on using drop bars (on the Joe) and there have been times of financial or other need.  That said, I am pretty sure the Joe's do not come for sale any more often than other bikes, at least not on this forum.  I think there have been re-posts and bumps of specific bikes for sale and maybe that makes it seem so.

Anyway, there are many reasons to sell a bike... Many of us are experimenters, try'ers of things and, at times, keeping that going sometimes demands the letting go of other bikes.  Also, sometimes the bike that might bring the most $$ return is the one that needs to go, based on circumstances, etc.  Though it is not true at the moment for me, there have been times when I realized the bike I rode the most was actually one of the least valuable (to others) just because of locking bikes up or otherwise putting bikes at risk.

I will say that my Joe A., for me, right now, with my current needs and how I ride, it is hard to imagine a more useful, fun, adaptable bike.  With my set-up (Bullmoose bars) I wish it was a little less wide (and am working on that), but it fits me perfectly and brings a smile every time I ride it.  I have other bikes that might do specific things better, but none of my other bikes can seem to do what the Joe can do.  There have been a few times when I wish it were not so, as I am indeed the experimenter, and $$ are tied up in the Joe and the Cheviot.  But there it is, the Joe does everything I need.  Makes me smile, makes other people ask questions and want to ride themselves, hauls groceries, can handle trail or road, fits in whether fancy or rough....

Anyway, I guess I would like to see more facts to back up the impressions... The truth may not set us free but it surely can help.

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL

Davey Two Shoes

Jul 21, 2017, 12:59:09 PM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Eh, I'm new in town. Where is the bar?

Richard Rios

Jul 21, 2017, 4:06:33 PM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've noticed Appas poping up to...might just be that the model is so new it's kinda striking to see um for sale so soon...Atlantis, Sam, Hilsen, have all been around for quite some time, to me it I guess I expect to see them pop up given the supply out there and that owners have prolly had a chance to have them around for a while...
Message has been deleted

Belopsky

Jul 21, 2017, 6:06:26 PM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Do we have mods? Delete this if no price.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ash [who works to bike]

Jul 21, 2017, 7:34:13 PM7/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Joe is a very nice bike.  My decision to part with it mostly has to do with my riding 'opportunities'.  Between family, work and couple of other things I've been involved in,  I only get to ride around the town.  My MTB got stolen recently.  After that I'm afraid to take Joe if the trip requires locking it (like going out for dinner/lunch).  I end up riding an old road bike in those situation.  The thing is worth $100, so I don't tend to think of the bike the whole time I'm at a dinner.  Also, the grocery shops I frequent are too cramped to take the bike inside.  I just do not feel comfortable locking the bike for even 15 minutes.  Just too many thefts and vandalisms around.

The 'need' I have now is an MTB for occasional rides on weekends.  So Hunq is likely the next project.

I'm hoping to have a bike like Joe again in couple of years when I will have more chances for full day/multi day rides (kids need grow up a little bit).

My wife keeps saying the bike looks 'too big' for me.  But that's not the reason I'm selling it :)
Message has been deleted