Best of 2016

Brian Hanson

Jan 1, 2017, 8:40:53 PM1/1/17
to rbw-owners-bunch
It feels like the time of year to post your "best of 2016" - are ya with me??  OK - I'll start it off with the obligatory blog post (dwindling these days):  https://stonehog.com/2016/12/31/2016-redux

And Flickr album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskRBkZQ9

Brian Hanson
Seattle, WA
@stonehog
stonehogboɥǝuoʇs

Deacon Patrick

Jan 2, 2017, 8:01:29 AM1/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Always a great endeavor! Thank you for the reminder, Brian! I love all your family pictures.

Here's mine:

With abandon,
Patrick

lum gim fong

Jan 2, 2017, 10:21:52 AM1/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Patric. Dont forget to change that busted front brake housing for '17

Deacon Patrick

Jan 2, 2017, 10:35:43 AM1/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Why?

lum gim fong

Jan 2, 2017, 10:42:13 AM1/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
It looks broken in the lichen matching picture.

Andy Williams

Jan 2, 2017, 11:35:51 AM1/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great work, Brian.   Here's my 2016 recap....

Andy

John Philip

Jan 2, 2017, 2:15:42 PM1/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I started off the year rehabbing two new knees so I got a bit of a slow start but overall it was a great year.  Good times riding with my wife and sons, meeting up with Pondero and crew on the GAP, enjoying my granddaughter and all topped off with a grandson born in December.     Here's my set..            http://tinyurl.com/jtuf4x6

RichS

Jan 2, 2017, 5:31:42 PM1/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
John, enjoyed your pics from upstate NY. I grew up in your neck of the woods and still have family there. You have a nice collection of Rivs! Hope your knees have recovered.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2017!
Richard

Edwin W

Jan 3, 2017, 11:02:51 AM1/3/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Looking through my pictures I didn't have too many of this year!
Here are a few. A few fun rides with sons and friends, though most of my miles are going from A to B alone, and quite unremarkable!

Fullylugged

Jan 4, 2017, 6:49:43 AM1/4/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
My year end bike thoughts: www.fullylugged.blogspot.com
I haven't collected pictures to an album, they're just mostly in the several bike groups I frequent on Facebook. Bike wise, the nicest project was repainting an old UJB crit racer from Nashbar and decking it riv style. Also renamed it Ferrous Bueller.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/9535930@N07/31722384410/in/dateposted-public/

Daniel Betancourt

Jan 5, 2017, 12:16:30 AM1/5/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Neat pic with the 3 kids and you on the bike!

Dan

Allingham II, Thomas J. (Retired Partner)

Jan 5, 2017, 10:43:12 AM1/5/17
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I love this exercise every year, seeing what everybody has done over the course of the year.  Also fun to look at my own previous "year in pics" albums ("13 for '13", "14 for '14", and so forth).

Continuing that protocol, here are my "16 for '16" pics.  A week-long C&O/GAP tour, many shorter rides, some new builds, a couple of grandsons and one pic of my girls. A great year!

The sender of this email is a retired partner of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP ("Skadden") and is not performing legal service on behalf of Skadden. Use by a retired partner of the skadden.com or probonolaw.com domain names is in his/her personal capacity and not on behalf of Skadden or its affiliates.

John G

Jan 5, 2017, 1:04:59 PM1/5/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
2016 was a pretty good year for me.  Nothing major or too epic, but a lot of little nice rides by myself and with friends.

Mark in Beacon

Jan 5, 2017, 8:37:31 PM1/5/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
94.733% of my riding this year was commuting, errands, and riding with Mack, my 6-year-old (now 7). Highlights included summiting Mt. Beacon with my Clementine and lucking into the perfect tandem for a great price. I did get in a couple of ride rides on my Ron Kitching and my Kuwahara, both solo and with friends. I missed much of the fall season due to an operation on my eye, but I am back on the saddle and looking forward to getting more beausage on my Clementine, as well as finishing up a few Rivish project bikes in 2017.

First Day of First Grade!

The 16 From 2016 photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/uu9odEQQTzCBxPEz9

On Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 8:40:53 PM UTC-5, stonehog wrote:
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Patrick Moore

Jan 6, 2017, 5:51:00 PM1/6/17
to rbw-owners-bunch
A good father/son photo.

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Stat crux dum volvitur orbis. (The cross stands motionless while the world revolves.) Carthusian motto

It is we who change; He remains the same. Eckhart

Kinei hos eromenon. (It moves [all things] as the beloved.) Aristotle

Message has been deleted

Bikie#4646

Jan 8, 2017, 6:22:25 PM1/8/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm a bit late with these, but had such a hard time editing down to just 16! Over 5,000 miles in the year I turned 70! How lucky is THAT?    https://www.flickr.com/photos/bikecrazy-paul/albums/72157675219256053

Paul Germain,
Midlothian, Va.

Bob Ehrenbeck

Jan 8, 2017, 7:14:27 PM1/8/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here's my 16 for '16.

Some highlights were: finishing building my Clem Smith and getting it out on the road, an overnight bike tour in upstate New York, and trying out the bike share systems in DC, Chicago, and Denver!

Keep those pictures coming, everyone; they're great!

Bob E.

Meade Anderson

Jan 9, 2017, 9:30:26 AM1/9/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

16 for 16...kinda...

a few shots to remember rides from the past  year...

enjoy

meade

Mark in Beacon

Jan 9, 2017, 10:56:36 AM1/9/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Interesting landscape beausage. Love the crusty Crust!

Bikie#4646

Jan 9, 2017, 11:50:37 AM1/9/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
And "Mr. Crust" himself from the Phila. Bike Expo in November:

Paul Germain
Midlothian, Va.

Surlyprof

Jan 11, 2017, 8:14:50 PM1/11/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow.  How'd he get a mount for a Nalgene bottle?  Any idea what it was?

John

drew

Jan 11, 2017, 8:38:01 PM1/11/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think that's just a vo mojave or widefoot cage

William deRosset

Jan 12, 2017, 8:34:23 PM1/12/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Dear John,

That particular 1l bottle cage is an Arundel. Salsa, VO, Widefoot, and others make similar products.

Best,

Will
William M. deRosset
Fort Collins, CO