Roadini Sizes

Jay Connolly

Aug 7, 2017, 9:30:43 AM8/7/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm not going to buy one, but does anybody understand what the Roadini frame sizes actually are? One of the pics on the site says it's of a 63. Earlier--months ago--the bike was described as coming in a 62. I believe the brochure refers to the dimensions of 61. I'm not going to buy one. Just wondering. In recent communications, I believe it says that the frames came in one cm different than originally stated. Does this mean that the original 62 came in as a 63 or as a 61? I'm just trying to clarify so that others have clear information. I'm not going to buy one. I don't need it. Especially the grey one--that's the one I really don't need.

Jay

Jay Connolly

Aug 7, 2017, 9:46:26 AM8/7/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just answered my own question by going to the pre-sale page. 61 is the largest.

Les Lammers

Aug 7, 2017, 9:56:01 AM8/7/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 9:30:43 AM UTC-4, Jay Connolly wrote:
I'm not going to buy one, but does anybody understand what the Roadini frame sizes actually are? One of the pics on the site says it's of a 63. Earlier--months ago--the bike was described as coming in a 62. I believe the brochure refers to the dimensions of 61. I'm not going to buy one. Just wondering. In recent communications, I believe it says that the frames came in one cm different than originally stated. Does this mean that the original 62 came in as a 63 or as a 61? I'm just trying to clarify so that others have clear information. I'm not going to buy one. I don't need it. Especially the grey one--that's the one I really don't need.

Jay

 :-)

iamkeith

Aug 7, 2017, 10:58:42 AM8/7/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

Jay Connolly

Aug 7, 2017, 11:06:54 AM8/7/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Exactly.

Jim D Massachusetts

Aug 7, 2017, 11:47:34 AM8/7/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just post pictures when you get it.            Jim D       Massachusetts

On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 11:06:54 AM UTC-4, Jay Connolly wrote:
Exactly.

DaveS

Aug 7, 2017, 11:51:06 AM8/7/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jim I don't need one either...and should be buying a Sam.....but I put a deposit on a 61 blue. According to Dave at Riv the next size down was 57.

Grant @ Rivendell

Aug 7, 2017, 1:51:15 PM8/7/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Maybe it's been made clear, but the brief history is that we ordered the 62, 58, 55, 51, 48 and they came measured that way to the point on the seat lug. We overlooked this, and it turns out the normal measuring way was 1cm less. A cm is nothing when it's part of a 6-deg upsloping top tube, extended head lug, tall hs stack, and long-quill stem...so rather than redo the drawings, we just said OK to the new sizes.

Threaded and threadless: Both work-obviously. We generally go threaded because they allow quill stems, which make up and down adjustments easily and -- there's way more range than there is with a chopped threadless stem. When adjusted properly, they'll stay adjusted for years--maybe until the headset wears out. I have not readjusted a threaded headset in 20 years. If it is a recurring thing, there are ways to prevent it, but that's tributary that will lead to more and more. Threadless is cool in its threadless way, and is extremely clever...but so's threaded.