WTB: MAP Ahearne bar (via Jay's Choco Norm vs Albas post)

jeffrey kane

Jul 14, 2017, 6:33:50 PM7/14/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey all -- having read through all the excellent responses on Jay's post it occurs to me to at least ask if anyone has a MAP Ahearne bar growing hair in their parts bin that they'd be happy to part with. Granted, it's not that expensive new ($55.00) and I almost feel guilty asking 'cause I like to support the builders when I can ...

But in this case, I'm just hankering to try something different. I've ridden Albas and liked them very much -- and am currently running Choco Norms with no significant complaints -- fyi: I saw a number of responses siting "cramped" positions, which, makes me wonder why the users don't just run longer stems (?) though I understand that switching bars and stems isn't always all that convenient. I run an old Ritchey Force 120mm with a little rise and feel pretty dialed in (a 120 stem is way longer than I normally go)  ... anyway -- I'm interested in the current MAP version:

and can go with either width in black or sliver.

lmk/jsk
Choco Ritchey Force.JPG

Les Lammers

Jul 19, 2017, 12:43:16 PM7/19/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

I have MAP Ahearne bars with Ergon cork grips on my Cheviot and like them a lot. My L'avecaise frame has arrived and I'm planning to use Nitto Fairweather bars, like the Noodle but with less drop. But the MAP Ahearne may end up there too. You will need a shorter stem though.