Sackvilke bartube questions?

lum gim fong

Jan 11, 2018, 1:43:29 AM1/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
1. Water resistant, or does everything get wet inside when it rains?

2. It's wide. Does it hold its shape or sag down on ends away from bar attachment points?
In other words does it keep its tube shape well?

3. Fully loaded does the weight attached to the bar make the front end floppy?

Thanks for the info.

Joe Bernard

Jan 11, 2018, 2:08:48 AM1/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
1. Don't know.

2. It holds its shape.

3. Kinda floppy against the headtube if you don't use something on the side rings to steady it. Not a huge deal to me, it's never even occurred to me to use those rings. Great bag.

lum gim fong

Jan 11, 2018, 2:17:14 AM1/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks, Joe!

lum gim fong

Jan 11, 2018, 2:49:54 AM1/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I just bought one. I once had a Avenir Metro bar bag that was fantastic. Bar bags can be fun.
It will help me go fast my Bleriot.

lum gim fong

Jan 11, 2018, 2:54:40 AM1/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I got the last one!!!
Whew!!
That was close!!

Joe Bernard

Jan 11, 2018, 3:22:16 AM1/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
👍 Glad I could help, I really like these bags.

Kainalu V.

Jan 11, 2018, 7:16:13 AM1/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I made a coroplast stiffener for mine, it would still be nice without it, maybe even better.
-Kai
BK NY

RichS

Jan 11, 2018, 1:20:31 PM1/11/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Lum,

I have the older Brand V bartube sack which I looks to be functionally the same as the Sackville version. Mine is not waterproof or very water resistant but hopefully the Sackville has some water repellent properties.

The bag is quite spacious for its size. Yes, it does sag if you don’t tie the ends to the hbars. That works just fine for me; plus securing the bag elongates and gives the bag a touch of firmness which makes access easier.

Hope you like yours!
Richard