Riv Redwood Updates.

David B

Mar 18, 2018, 6:41:03 PM3/18/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I’ve had my Redwood setup as a weekend road bike - switching between 650b and 700c every year or so.
I’ve made the decision to not buy more bikes, sold one and have another to sell, and ride the bikes I have more, which means all should be commuter or errand ready and try and use parts already on hand.
I stripped off shifters and front derailleur, left the rear using the cable adjuster and a short piece of cable to switch rear gears off the bike.
I polished up some Mafac Raids. Still need to get some new brake pads and tweak setup but so far they stop just fine.
Added a dynamo wheel, Nitto rack, front light, and SKS fenders.
Fenders need to be tweaked slightly and stays trimmed.
Made a saddlebag today, and will make a matching rando bag shortly.
Weirdly, this frame seems made for 650bx48mm tires with fenders. Chainstay clearance is a little tight but acceptable right now.
Photos here: https://instagram.com/p/BgezQjzDTMS/

Warming weather (fingers-crossed) means this’ll get some miles in soon.
David
River Grove, IL

Eric Daume

Mar 18, 2018, 7:32:28 PM3/18/18
to rbw-owners-bunch
How do you like the B132 bar on there? It seems like the widest size for that bar is 45cm (at the tips), which seems narrow to me.

I'm bar shopping for my similarly sized Fuji America 650b conversion build...

Thanks,

Eric
Plain City, OH

David B

Mar 18, 2018, 8:29:10 PM3/18/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I like the B132 a lot. 44cm is what I have and is the widest. It’s a much different bar than the B135. Less flare, which equates to wider hood distance. Likely too narrow for some, but they’re the perfect bar for me!
To me, they’re like if a Compass Maes Parallel had the rando rise.
David
River Grove, IL

Max S

Mar 18, 2018, 9:21:57 PM3/18/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very impressive saddlebag!

RichS

Mar 19, 2018, 11:38:31 AM3/19/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
David, I like your Redwood and all the creativity you brought to it. Do you get pedal strike when you run the 650b wheels?

Best regards,
Richard