Need help with Romulus Decals

Roadie1432

Oct 15, 2017, 12:11:39 PM10/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi,

Could somebody help me? I want to get some decals made for my 55cm Riv Romulus. I just bought this bike and it does not have any decals. It does have the head badge, however.
I was hoping if somebody could please take some pictures and measurements of the down tube decals and the seat tube decals so that I could have some made by either Velocals or other shop.

Alternatively, If anybody has some for sale, or knows of a bicycle painter or shop that has some, could you please put me in touch with them?

Thanks,

Bob

WETH

Oct 15, 2017, 12:24:30 PM10/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi,
When I had my Romulus powder coated locally 2 years ago , I bought replacement decals from Rivendell. You should contact them as they were quite helpful.
Regards,
Erl

Roadie1432

Oct 15, 2017, 1:51:00 PM10/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks! I hope they still have some. I will call them tomorrow. I emailed them a week ago but haven’t heard back.

Bob

WETH

Oct 15, 2017, 5:37:53 PM10/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I got the impression when I spoke to them that decals weren't an issue. Here is a photo of what they sent me: https://flic.kr/p/CrSpow
I have never bothered to compare them with the original until your post got me thinking. In comparing my decals to "original" ones in photos on the Internet, my downtube sticker looks the same, but the seattube R is a bit different. Just an FYI.
Rivendell did tell me too not to lose the headbadge as they had no more!
Good luck.

LBleriot

Oct 15, 2017, 10:12:50 PM10/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I bought the original proto Rom built by Nobilette a couple of years back. Its seat tube decal was a paper transfer that basically disintegrated. When I contacted Riv for decals, they sent me protovelo decals but no Rom decals. I hope they find some for you. Please let us know how you make out.

Roadie1432

Oct 16, 2017, 10:50:34 AM10/16/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I plan on contacting them Tueday, soonest I will have the time. Hopefully they still have some. I will post what I find out.

Roadie1432

Oct 16, 2017, 10:50:43 AM10/16/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
That is a sweet bike! The decals you have would work just fine for me. I will call Rivendell HQ on Tuesday and see what I can find out. If that doesn't work out I may ask you for measurements and close-up photos of your decals so I can get some made. I am considering Velocals, among others. If Velocals agrees to make them, then they would be available for everybody.

Roadie1432

Oct 17, 2017, 10:31:01 AM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

I recieved a reply to my email from Will at Rivendell. They do not have any Romulus decals. Further, the person who originally made them has died. Will said that there are no files or anything saved on a hard drive or anything like that.

So, my plea for help still stands. I need some quality pictures, .jpeg format, at least 300 dpi, and measurements, length and height, so I can try and get some made at Velocals. The decals would then be available to all.

Please contact me via pm.

Thanks,

Bob

Jim Edgar

Oct 17, 2017, 10:33:45 AM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
There are a number of Romuli posted here:

Jim Edgar

Oct 17, 2017, 10:34:38 AM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

Jim Edgar

Oct 17, 2017, 10:35:21 AM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

Roadie1432

Oct 17, 2017, 1:03:26 PM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thank you! That is a valuable resource! Hopefully, someone will reply with the high quality photos with dimensions that Velocals needs to proceed.