Three under 50 mile Dirt Road loops from Frederick Maryland

Gravel & Grind Espresso + Bikes

Jun 28, 2016, 3:50:48 PM6/28/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thought this might be of interest to DC area Riv folk.  We just put a new article up on our journal.  It details 3 dirt road rides that leave from Frederick and explore different areas of the county.  Cue sheets and points of interest included.  We’re working on an August RBOB and BOB coffee outside trip, and one of these routes will be included on that trip.  Stay tuned for details and poster on that soon.  Article here.

Jeff Lesperance

Jun 29, 2016, 8:18:07 AM6/29/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - these look great! Are there spots around any of these routes that provide for safe/non-prohibited camping to turn them into an s24o? As it can be tough to wrangle a day of solo riding from my general family commitments, when I can I try to turn such events into overnight trips. If I could bike or hitch a ride from Silver Spring up to Frederick, then ride n' camp I figure I could bike my way home on day two.

-Jeff
Silver Spring, MD

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Gravel & Grind Espresso + Bikes <gravela...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thought this might be of interest to DC area Riv folk.  We just put a new article up on our journal.  It details 3 dirt road rides that leave from Frederick and explore different areas of the county.  Cue sheets and points of interest included.  We’re working on an August RBOB and BOB coffee outside trip, and one of these routes will be included on that trip.  Stay tuned for details and poster on that soon.  Article here.

Gravel & Grind

Jun 29, 2016, 9:13:23 AM6/29/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Jeff, check out gambrill state park, Cunningham falls state park, little Bennett's hike in camp spot and greenbrier state park. They're all sorta close and it would be easy to map something out that includes them. Check out Michaux for legal back country camping.

James