pbdMPI is not available for R3.2.0. Is this true?

peter szovenyi

Jan 30, 2017, 7:12:48 PM1/30/17
to RBigDataProgramming
Dear All,

I am trying to install pbdMPI to efficiently use the cubfits package.

Initially I had a lot of problems by installing cubfits itself as some of the dependent packages were not available for the newest R versions available. FInally, I converged on using R version 3.2.0 which allowed me to install all of the packages necessary to run cubfits.

Currently, I am trying to add the pbdMPI packages to run cubfits in a parallel mode. Unfortunately, when I try to install the pbdMPI packages using install.packages("pbdMPI") and use the cran mirror under R3.2.0 (running on ubuntu) I receive an error message:
install.packages("pbdMPI",repos='http://cran.us.r-project.org')
Installing package into ‘/home/pszoevenyi/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning message:
package ‘pbdMPI’ is not available (for R version 3.0.2)

Now I have read the Readme of pbdMPI on github and it states that the package requires at least Rv3.0.0. Therefore, I am a bit confused what could be causing my problem as according to the Readme file R version 3.2.0 should be fine.

I would appreciate your help with this issue.

Wei-Chen Chen

Jan 31, 2017, 9:22:35 PM1/31/17
to RBigDataProgramming
Current CRAN mirror is at https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/pbdMPI/index.html which shows R version at least 3.3.0 ... Where did you get 3.2.0 (2015-05) and 3.0.2 (2013-09) from??

All cubfits dependent packages are all available on CRAN as well ... at https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_cubfits.html even shows OK for the R-devel ...

peter szovenyi

Feb 21, 2017, 5:47:53 AM2/21/17
to RBigDataProgramming
Thanks for your response,

I have fixed the issue....as you discovered it was an issue with various R versions installed on our cluster environment....

Thank you again for your help!