CMake: scattered find_package(Qt4)

Luís Pereira

Mar 26, 2013, 2:59:07 PM3/26/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hi:
I'm performing some maintenance stuff on the libraries CMakeLists.txt
to ease the task of adding support for Qt5.

I've found that the Qt4 package requirement is present in various CMakeLists.txt
There is some reason that I'm not aware of OR it should be "fixed" ?
Are the libraries projects different in any degree ?

lpereira@beagle ~/src/razor-qt $ grep -riI --exclude-dir="build*"
--include=CMakeLists.txt "Qt4" . | grep -i find_package
./razorqt-session/razor-session/CMakeLists.txt:find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-autosuspend/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./razorqt-about/src/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./razorqt-power/src/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./razorqt-globalkeyshortcuts/src/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./razorqt-runner/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./razorqt-confupdate/tests/CMakeLists.txt:find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-confupdate/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./razorqt-confupdate/updates/razor-0.5/CMakeLists.txt:find_package (
Qt4 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-appswitcher/CMakeLists.txt:find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-lightdm-greeter/CMakeLists.txt: find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-openssh-askpass/CMakeLists.txt:find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-x11info/CMakeLists.txt:find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-panel/panel/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./razorqt-panel/CMakeLists.txt:find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-config/src/qcategorizedview/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./CMakeLists.txt:find_package ( Qt4 4.6.0 REQUIRED )
./razorqt-desktop/CMakeLists.txt:find_package ( Qt4 REQUIRED )
./libraries/sysstat/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)
./razorqt-notificationd/CMakeLists.txt:find_package(Qt4 REQUIRED)

--
Luís Pereira

Alec Moskvin

Mar 27, 2013, 6:45:39 PM3/27/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com

"Luís Pereira" <luis.artu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
> I'm performing some maintenance stuff on the libraries CMakeLists.txt
> to ease the task of adding support for Qt5.
>
> I've found that the Qt4 package requirement is present in various
> CMakeLists.txt
> There is some reason that I'm not aware of OR it should be "fixed" ?
> Are the libraries projects different in any degree ?

I'd say "it should be fixed" - all Razor components can only be built from project root, so I don't see a reason why it would need to be repeated.

Thanks,
Alec

Imannudin pakocik

Mar 27, 2013, 8:00:05 PM3/27/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
I am asking for permission to add this desktop to my project distro Linux Muslims OS to become default DE, thanks for your supports

2013/3/28 Alec Moskvin <ale...@gmail.com>

http://about.me/imannudinabuhirr

Luís Pereira

Mar 28, 2013, 2:00:13 PM3/28/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:45:39 PM UTC-7, Alec Moskvin wrote:

"Luís Pereira" <luis.artu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
> I'm performing some maintenance stuff on the libraries CMakeLists.txt
> to ease the task of adding support for Qt5.
>
> I've found that the Qt4 package requirement is present in various
> CMakeLists.txt
> There is some reason that I'm not aware of OR it should be "fixed" ?
> Are the libraries projects different in any degree ?

I'd say "it should be fixed" - all Razor components can only be built from project root, so I don't see a reason why it would need to be repeated.

That's also my opinion.
The qtxdg library however states in the CMakeLists.txt that it's an independent library. It's confusing...
I don't know if deserves an exception to the rule or not.

# QtXdg is an independent library, so I do not use razor_translate_ts