S1 stays open and will not shut off

Joe Cline

Oct 30, 2012, 6:36:28 PM10/30/12
to rays...@googlegroups.com
I put together v1.3 of the opensprinkler and it was working fine until today when I was testing it again and accidentally let the wires cross on a solenoid connected to common and S1. It was only for a second, but I saw some smoke come from the board and pulled the adapter from the wall. Now, S1 stays open no matter what I try. All the other stations work as expected. Did I fry something?

I tried to do a station test. Stays open.
I did a master rest and then tried to shut off manually. Stays open.
The solenoid works on every other station just fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

Rayshobby

Oct 30, 2012, 8:25:26 PM10/30/12
to rays...@googlegroups.com
Most likely it's triac T1 that's damaged. You can get a new one and
replace it. The traic is MAC97. Here is the digikey link:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/MAC97A8G/MAC97A8GOS-ND/918560?cur=USD
> --

-Ray

Joe Cline