Open Sprinkler Arduino Programming

Derek

Apr 4, 2012, 10:14:25 PM4/4/12
to Rayshobby
I'm a noob when it comes to a lot of the Arduino stuff and I've taken
so much information from the community, so I thought I would try to
contribute a little here.

I was able to remove the atmel chip from my Arduino Uno and replace it
with the atmel chip from the opensprinkler kit. Then I went to Tools>
Burn Boot Loader> "W/ Arduino as ISP". Then I could upload the new
software to it. In the Arduino software you must first go to Tools>
Board > Arduino Uno before burning the bootloader and uploading the
software.

I know this is probably really basic stuff, but in case someone has an
arduino uno and doesn't have the optional hardware programmer stuff
laying around, this is a nice alternative. Who knows maybe this is bad
advice, but it worked for me!

Ray

Apr 5, 2012, 12:03:31 AM4/5/12
to Rayshobby
Derek,

That's a good point. If you already have an Arduino, you can re-
program OpenSprinkler by prying out the mcu and inserting it to the
Arduino board. Essentially this uses the USB to serial converter on
the Arduino board to program the mcu, without any additional FTDI
programmer. So good suggestion for anyone who already has an Arduino.

-Ray

Florian Buzin

Jun 8, 2013, 3:05:08 PM6/8/13
to rays...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ray,

could you describe how to do this with the actual release.

I have an Arduino Uno, Opensprinkler 1.1 and get this error: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Thanks
Florian