Multistate characters (32 states) and limit

Taraka Rama

Feb 11, 2016, 4:54:08 AM2/11/16
to raxml
Hi,

I am working with linguistic data where a character can have multiple states. Can the limit of 32 states be overridden? If I can change the corresponding lines in the code, is it possible to compile a new code that works with more than 32 characters?

--
With Regards,
Taraka Rama.

Alexandros Stamatakis

Feb 11, 2016, 4:59:01 AM2/11/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
that's unfortunately not that easy because of the internal data
structures RAxML uses, implementing more than 32 characters would
require some major code modifications,

alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org