Ascertainment Bias Assertion Failed

William Gearty

Sep 16, 2015, 12:43:44 AM9/16/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm running RAxML on the CIPRES portal (to whom I have also reported this problem).
I was able to run a standard rapid bootstrapping analysis with no problem, even with the correction for ascertainment bias on:
raxmlHPC-HYBRID -T 4 -n AToL_8_26_14 -N autoMRE -s infile.txt -m ASC_MULTIGAMMA -x 22589 -p 48216 -K MK -f a -o Sphenodon_punctatus,Kallimodon_pulchellus,Gephyrosaurus_bridensis --asc-corr lewis
However, I next tried to run the same analysis with a partition file included:
raxmlHPC-HYBRID -T 4 -n AToL_8_26_14_sort -N autoMRE -s infile.txt -m ASC_MULTIGAMMA -q part.txt -p 22654 -x 21476 -K MK -f a -o Sphenodon_punctatus,Kallimodon_pulchellus,Gephyrosaurus_bridensis --asc-corr lewis
The code seems to run fine, starts running a number of bootstraps, but then all of a sudden stops.
The stderr file in CIPRES reports the following error:
raxmlHPC-HYBRID: evaluateGenericSpecial.c:113: ascertainmentBiasSequence: Assertion `0' failed.
Any insight into this potential bug would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Will

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 16, 2015, 3:00:30 AM9/16/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
hi william,

I think I know what the problem is, I'll fix it next week, in the
meantime, if you use the sequential version or the MPI version but
without Pthreads it should work,

alexis
> people.stanford.edu/wgearty <http://people.stanford.edu/wgearty>
>
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

William Gearty

Sep 17, 2015, 1:21:47 PM9/17/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, thanks Alexis!

Alexandros Stamatakis

Oct 2, 2015, 9:48:13 AM10/2/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

I just committed version 8.2.4, it should solve the problem you reported.

Could you please check and let me know?

Thanks,

Alexis

William Gearty

Oct 2, 2015, 5:30:28 PM10/2/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexis,
Sorry I never got back to you earlier, the quick fix of just using the sequential version did the trick.
I'll check out the new version as soon as possible and will let you know if it works using the P-Threads version.
Thanks,
Will

William Gearty
PhD Student, Paleobiology
Department of Geological Sciences
Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences

alexandros...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2015, 6:20:04 AM10/3/15
to William Gearty, ra...@googlegroups.com

No problem, just let me know if the pthreads version now works with your data

Alexis

alexis stamatakis

www.exelixis-lab.org

Nov 20, 2015, 12:24:21 AM11/20/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexis,
My apologies for such a late response, but everything works perfectly, now!
Thanks for everything,
Will

Alexandros Stamatakis

Nov 20, 2015, 1:16:39 AM11/20/15