fast bootstrap run interrupted. go on where stopped?

Alexander Vowinkel

Aug 26, 2015, 7:21:30 PM8/26/15
to raxml
Hi,

something weird happened.
I was running a fast bootstrap and accidently moving files
of that run around.

Now I have two RAxML_info files.
The first one (I guess from before moving)
states that the bootstrapping finished:

------------------------------
[...]
Overall Time for 1000 Rapid Bootstraps 71214.883889 seconds
Average Time per Rapid Bootstrap 71.214884 seconds

Starting ML Search ...
------------------------------

The RAxML_bootstrap file there contains 1000 trees.
So this seems to be fine.

The second RAxML_info file lies with a RAxML_bestTree in
a sub-directory.
It basically continues where the first info file ends.
It states that ML search is finished:

------------------------------
Fast ML optimization finished
[...]
ML search took 83540.821969 secs or 23.205784 hours

Combined Bootstrap and ML search took 154755.705982 secs or 42.987696 hours

Drawing Bootstrap Support Values on best-scoring ML tree ...

Found 1 tree in File /path/RAxML_bestTree.foobar
------------------------------

And here occured the error.

So. I have the bootstrap file and the bestTree file.
Can I go on with these files to create the rest of the files?:
bipartitionsBranchLabels and bipartitions

I really would not like to run everything again...

Thanks so much!

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 7, 2015, 4:46:39 AM9/7/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

You can use the -f b option to create the missing files, for details
please have a look at the manual.

Alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Alexander Vowinkel

Sep 10, 2015, 7:07:21 PM9/10/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much!
Worked like a charm.

You saved hours of computing power and the corresponding CO2 ;)

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 11, 2015, 2:53:17 AM9/11/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
:-)