parser was executed on a 32-bit system while you are trying to run ExaML on a 64-bit system

Christian Rinke

Feb 28, 2018, 2:38:17 AM2/28/18
to raxml
Hey,
I get the following error:

Error: the address data type has a size of 64 bits on the current system while on the system on which you created the binary alignment file using the parser the address size is -1043750656 bits
!
Usually this indicates that the parser was executed on a 32-bit system while you are trying to run ExaML on a 64-bit system.
Please parse the binary alignment file on the same hardware on which you intend to run ExaML.

I ran the parser on the same system/server/user:

for x in *phyx;  do  ~/software/ExaML/3.0.20/bin/parse-examl    -s $x -m PROT -n $x.bin; done

And then I executed ExaML:
  ~/software/ExaML/3.0.20/bin/examl-AVX  -t   RAxML_randomTree.trimmed_bacteria.genus.4985x.phyx_raxmlStartingtree_1.tree    -m PSR -s   trimmed_bacteria.genus.4985x.phyx       -n    ExaML.trimmed_bacteria.genus.4985x.phyx_raxmlStartingtree_1.tree    -D

So I am kind of stuck-  I used the same ExaML version on the same server and get a 32 bit warning. Any ideas what could be trigger that error?
Cheers,
Chris

Alexey Kozlov

Feb 28, 2018, 4:09:29 AM2/28/18
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

you must provide the binary file generated by parser and *not* the original phylip file with the "-s" option of ExaML :)

Best,
Alexey

Christian Rinke

Feb 28, 2018, 4:54:17 AM2/28/18
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Silly me :-) It did happen at the end of a long work day though. Anyway, thanks Alexey

Alexey Kozlov

Feb 28, 2018, 7:12:30 AM2/28/18
to ra...@googlegroups.com
no worries, it happens to all of us :)