morphological/molecular matrix

Roberta graboski mendes

May 31, 2017, 7:50:29 AM5/31/17
to raxml
Hi all,

I have a doubt about how to set model in RAxML using a total evidence matrix.
I have a matrix with 390 gene partition and one partition is for morphological characters
For example my partition is:

DNA, Subset1 = 1-200
MULTI, morph = 201=500

I would like to know how to set MK model for morphological partition and GTRGAMMA for my molecular partition.
So, should I use the command -m MULTIGAMMA -K MK? When I set this model, automatically will set GTR GAMMA for my molecular partition and Mk for morphological?
Thank you!
Roberta

Alexey Kozlov

May 31, 2017, 8:25:27 AM5/31/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roberta,

yes, you can use either "-m MULTIGAMMA -K MK" or "-m GTRGAMMA -K MK" with your partition file, RAxML will automatically
choose the correct model based on each partition's data type.

Best,
Alexey

Roberta graboski mendes

May 31, 2017, 12:21:50 PM5/31/17