Antw.: [raxml] Computing species tree with RaxML

alexandros...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2015, 6:10:35 AM4/14/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure I understand your question, with that comman you have already computed a ML tree and bootstrap support, so the next step qould be to visualize the tree and have a look at the support values,

Alexia

Gesendet mit meinem HTC

Apr 14, 2015, 6:39:28 AM4/14/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I assume, for my case Consensus tree derived from all 1000 bootstrap tree will be the best option. How to do that?
Please correct me if I am wrong: I think the command I used gave me the best ML tree no the consensus one

Alexandros Stamatakis

Apr 14, 2015, 1:08:59 PM4/14/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com

On 14.04.2015 12:39, Sam wrote:
> I assume, for my case Consensus tree derived from all 1000 bootstrap
> tree will be the best option. How to do that?

see manual at:

http://sco.h-its.org/exelixis/resource/download/NewManual.pdf

page 26

> Please correct me if I am wrong: I think the command I used gave me the
> best ML tree no the consensus one

it searched for the best ML tree and also generated BS replicates, it
also wrote a file with the BS support values mapped to the branches of
the best-scoring ML tree,

Alexis

> On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 12:10:35 PM UTC+2, Alexis wrote:
>
> I am not sure I understand your question, with that comman you have
> already computed a ML tree and bootstrap support, so the next step
> qould be to visualize the tree and have a look at the support values,
>
> Alexia
>
> Gesendet mit meinem HTC

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org