Partitioned analysis whit models for each one

SANTIAGO OROZCO CHAMORRO

Dec 15, 2017, 5:00:37 PM12/15/17
to raxml

HI

I have been trying to run RAxML HPC2 on XSEDE on CIPRES whit my dataset, which have a gene (600 bp) and partitions by codon. The partition scheme and the best models for each one were calculated in Partitionfinder. I ran a analysis putting in the option “Used a mixed/partitioned model”  a file with looks like:

DNA, Subset1 = 1-677\3

DNA, Subset2 = 2-677\3

DNA, Subset3 = 3-677\3

It works well, but I want put the model that partitionfinder found for each codon. In the advanced parametes I want change the number of alternatives runs but it don’t let me do it. Bootstrap iterations = 1000.

Thanks for help me!

1Particiones.txt
best_scheme.txt

Fidel Botero

Dec 16, 2017, 10:34:53 AM12/16/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hola Santiago,
This is not possible in RaxML. What will be done is that the model you specify with -m will be fitted for each partition.
My suggestion would thus be running the analysis under the most general model you found with PartitionModel.

Hoping this helps you.

Best,

Fidel

Hacia una Universidad comprometida con la Paz Territorial

SANTIAGO OROZCO CHAMORRO

Dec 16, 2017, 2:00:45 PM12/16/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fidel

Thanks for you help. I will try to use PartitionModel and run the RAxML.

If you know....I have a bayesian tree built whit the partition and model for each one, can I compare this tree whit ML tree built whitout model for each partition?

Thanks again!

Atentamente,

SANTIAGO OROZCO CHAMORRO
 Estudiante de Biología
Universidad del Cauca

Alexandros Stamatakis

Dec 17, 2017, 7:13:28 AM12/17/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fidel :-)

Santiago: if you want to use exactly the model found by Partitionfinder
please switch to the new RAxML-NG that is more flexible model-wise:

https://github.com/amkozlov/raxml-ng

You can compare trees inferred under slightly different models and using
different inference methods, but you need to make sure to highlight that
the models were different. So in the end you will not be able to
determine if the differences are due to (i) a different model or (ii) a
distinct tree inference method.

Alexis

On 16.12.2017 20:00, SANTIAGO OROZCO CHAMORRO wrote:
> Hi Fidel
>
> Thanks for you help. I will try to use PartitionModel and run the RAxML.
>
> If you know....I have a bayesian tree built whit the partition and model
> for each one, can I compare this tree whit ML tree built whitout model
> for each partition?
>
> Thanks again!

> <mailto:fidel....@gmail.com>>:
>
> Hola Santiago,
> This is not possible in RaxML. What will be done is that the model
> you specify with -m will be fitted for each partition.
> My suggestion would thus be running the analysis under the most
> general model you found with PartitionModel.
>
> Hoping this helps you.
>
> Best,
>
> Fidel
>
> El 15 dic. 2017 11:00 PM, "SANTIAGO OROZCO CHAMORRO"
> <sor...@unicauca.edu.co <mailto:sor...@unicauca.edu.co>> escribió:
>
> HI____
>
> I have been trying to run RAxML HPC2 on XSEDE on CIPRES whit my
> dataset, which have a gene (600 bp) and partitions by codon. The
> partition scheme and the best models for each one were
> calculated in Partitionfinder. I ran a analysis putting in the
> option “Used a mixed/partitioned model” a file with looks like:____
>
> __ __
>
> DNA, Subset1 = 1-677\3____
>
> DNA, Subset2 = 2-677\3 ____
>
> DNA, Subset3 = 3-677\3____
>
> __ __
>
> It works well, but I want put the model that partitionfinder
> found for each codon. In the advanced parametes I want change
> the number of alternatives runs but it don’t let me do it.
> Bootstrap iterations = 1000.____
>
> Thanks for help me!____

> --
>

> --
> Atentamente,
>

> *_SANTIAGO OROZCO CHAMORRO _*
> / Estudiante de Biología/
> /Universidad del //Cauca/
> //

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology

www.exelixis-lab.org

SANTIAGO OROZCO CHAMORRO

Jan 22, 2018, 12:23:37 PM1/22/18
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alexandros And fidel

Thanks for answer to my questions. it was of great help for me! Good day

        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

    --     You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in
    the Google Groups "raxml" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/topic/raxml/SHshsGQ1jn0/unsubscribe