Phylogenetic tree of amino acid

Lixia Shi

Jul 28, 2016, 10:11:00 PM7/28/16
to raxml

Dear Professors,

    I wanna build phylogenetic trees using amino acid sequences of mitochondrial genome, but I am not sure if I should delect the start/stop codon base sequence before I transform the nucleotide sequences to amino acid sequences. Could you please tell me? Thanks a lot!

Best,
Lixia.

Alexandros Stamatakis

Aug 1, 2016, 3:07:44 AM8/1/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I would probably not include it, but please have a look at the
literature, this google group is for RAxML-specific questions and not a
general data analysis pipeline helpdesk,

alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Lixia Shi

Aug 2, 2016, 2:56:15 AM8/2/16
to raxml
Dear Prof.Alexis,
   Thanks for your reply, and I have solved this problem. I would remember not to ask every question here, thank you very much!

Best,
 Lixia.