SATIVA Error Unexpected leaf node format

GP

Sep 28, 2016, 6:48:05 PM9/28/16
to raxml
Hello,

I am getting the following error when attempting to use SATIVA

~/Foo/sativa/epac/ete2/newick.py", line 356, in _read_node_data
    raise NewickError, "Unexpected leaf node format:\n\t"+ subnw[0:50] + "[%s]" %format
epac.ete2.newick.NewickError: Unexpected leaf node format:
[8]

I have attached the files I am using to run SATIVA.

Any advice?

GP
Ref.fasta
Ref.tax

GP

Sep 28, 2016, 6:50:11 PM9/28/16
to raxml
Please ignore the fasta file. Use the Ref.phy file instead.
Ref.phy

Alexey Kozlov

Sep 28, 2016, 7:07:40 PM9/28/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Grayson,

thanks for reporting this, the problem seemed to be in your taxonomy file, where sequence ID and taxonomic annotation
was separated by multiple tabs instead of just one.

Please find attached the corrected taxonomy file which works fine for me.

I'll also try to add more thorough format checks in the code later on, since this seems to be a recurring problem...

Best,
Alexey
> --
Ref.tax