Estimating P-Invar for some partitions in AA dataset

Michael Forthman

Jul 23, 2015, 10:51:01 AM7/23/15
to raxml
Hello,

I have an 80-gene AA matrix that has 19 partitions (best partitioning scheme determined by PartionFinderProtein). Some, but not all, of these partition include P-Invar. I wondering if
this can be specified in the partition file as, e.g., LGI, gene1 = 1-50. Or would the alternative be to select the "Estimate proportion of invariable sites (GTRGAMMA + I)", which, if I understand correctly, would apply to all partitions?

Thanks, Michael

Alexandros Stamatakis

Jul 23, 2015, 11:00:18 AM7/23/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Michael,

This is unfortunately not possible, you can only chose one model of rate
heterogeneity which is then applied to all partitions.

Alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Michael Forthman

Jul 23, 2015, 11:16:57 AM7/23/15
to raxml, alexandros...@gmail.com
I had thought so, but just double-checking. Thank you for answering my question! Cheers, Michael