Internode Certainty Verbose output

Jacob Steenwyk

Apr 10, 2018, 10:04:06 AM4/10/18
to raxml
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to run the verbose output of calculating internode certainty. Although I have appended the -C option, the output is the same as if the -C option were not present.

I am using RAxML version 8.2.10.
My command is the following:
raxmlHPC-PTHREADS -f i -t reference.tree -z set_of_trees.trees -m GTRCAT -n verbose.ic -C

The output I am getting are the newick trees with the lossless and probabilistic IC scores as well as the info file but I am not getting the output files detailing gene support frequencies and other information for each bipartition.

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong would be appreciated!

best,

Jacob

Alexandros Stamatakis

Apr 11, 2018, 2:06:10 AM4/11/18
to Jacob Steenwyk, ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacob,

I double-checked with a small example:

./raxmlHPC-AVX -f i -t RAxML_bestTree.ml -z RAxML_bootstrap.boot -m
GTRCAT -n verbose.ic -C

and get the following output files:

ls *.verbose.ic
RAxML_IC_Score_BranchLabels.verbose.ic RAxML_info.verbose.ic
RAxML_verboseSplits.verbose.ic

Maybe you should upgrade to v 8.2.11 and use the sequential version
instead of the PThreads version.

If you still don't get the verbose file then please send me the input
data to my personal email.

Alexis

--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology

www.exelixis-lab.org

Alexis

Apr 18, 2018, 2:50:01 PM4/18/18
to raxml
Hi Jacob,

Just checked the data you sent me. The reason why you don't get verbose output can be found in the terminal output:

The trees in tree set don't have the same size, executing IC/TC algorithm with correction ...

Meaning that your input tree have partially less taxa than the reference tree, that's why RAxML switches to a different algorithm that is also described in a different paper:

This algorithm does not have verbose output as it is pretty different from the other one.

If you are looking for something more recent for partial gene trees you can try this new method here:

Alexis
>         it, send an email to raxml+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Jacob Steenwyk

Apr 18, 2018, 2:56:19 PM4/18/18
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Thank you!

best,

Jacob