SH test

Maryam Nadimi

Nov 23, 2015, 2:27:58 PM11/23/15
to raxml
Hi,

I have a question regarding Sh test via -f. I know I need to use -z and -t but I don't know how to use the. Let say I have tree (A) and tree (B), and so I have the FASTA file of their alignments already uploaded in Cipres to get the trees by RAxML, what do I need to upload and select for -t and -z.

Thanks,
Terri

William Gearty

Nov 23, 2015, 2:37:49 PM11/23/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
This seems more relevant to the CIPRES google group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cipres-science-gateway-users
Also, both of those options should be available in the RAxML on XSEDE parameters (advanced parameters).
-Will

Alexandros Stamatakis

Nov 23, 2015, 2:49:56 PM11/23/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
-t is the best-scoring ML tree, -z contains the tree/trees you want to
test against that have a worse ML score,

alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Maryam Nadimi

Nov 23, 2015, 3:11:01 PM11/23/15
to raxml
Thanks Alexis. So if I have t2o trees to be compared I need to use one in newick format in it and another one in -t again in newick format! Am I right?

Best,

Alexandros Stamatakis

Nov 23, 2015, 3:12:06 PM11/23/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
that's right,

alexis
> > an email to raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:raxml+un...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis
>
> Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
> Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
> Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology,
> University
> of Arizona at Tucson
>
> www.exelixis-lab.org <http://www.exelixis-lab.org>

Maryam Nadimi

Nov 23, 2015, 3:13:56 PM11/23/15
to raxml
Thanks Alexis. So if I have two trees to be compared I need to use one in newick format in -t and another one in -z again in newick format! Am I right?

Best,

Maryam Nadimi

Nov 23, 2015, 3:15:49 PM11/23/15
to raxml
Thanks William. i don't know why I am not able to post in CIPRES group!

Maryam Nadimi

Nov 23, 2015, 3:17:17 PM11/23/15
to raxml
Thanks Alexis.

And what shall ai choose for data then to run this task?

William Gearty

Nov 23, 2015, 3:17:21 PM11/23/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Are you a member?
There might be an approval process, not sure.

Maryam Nadimi

Nov 23, 2015, 3:23:19 PM11/23/15
to raxml
I supposed to be a member :) I'll check.

Thanks anyway,

Alexandros Stamatakis

Nov 24, 2015, 3:18:47 AM11/24/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
you mean in terms of alignment?

just the alignment on which you inferred the tree.

alexis

Maryam Nadimi

Nov 25, 2015, 10:06:59 AM11/25/15
to raxml
I know Alexis, But since I am going to compare 2 trees that I need to use them via -z and -t then what alignment I should use for the data that I wan to run the task? Shall I use just one of them (alignment) for the data?

Best,
Mary

Alexandros Stamatakis

Nov 26, 2015, 12:36:01 PM11/26/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
well you can only compare trees with all those statistical tests that
have been inferred on exactly the same data/alignment, otherwise you
can't compare likelihoods anyway,

alexis

Lixia Shi

Jul 27, 2016, 10:57:31 PM7/27/16
to raxml
Hi Alexis,
   You mean if I have trees inferred on different alignment, I can't compare their likelihoods with one best tree separately?

Lixia Shi

Jul 27, 2016, 11:03:38 PM7/27/16
to raxml
Dear Maryam Nadimi,
   Have you solved your problem? I have the same trouble now in doing SH test via Raxml,
cuz my trees were inferred from different sequence alignments, I don't know which file to put after -s,
do you know now? Could you please tell me if you know already? Thank you !

Alexandros Stamatakis

Jul 28, 2016, 4:39:58 AM7/28/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com

On 28.07.2016 04:57, 'Lixia Shi' via raxml wrote:
> Hi Alexis,
> * You mean if I have trees inferred on different alignment, I can't
> compare their likelihoods with one best tree separately?

yes, and actually this is a theoretical issue not a practical one, you
can only compare likelihoods for estimates obtained from the same data!

alexis