Assertion 'partitionLikelihood < 0.0' failed

Shea Lambert

Jun 12, 2017, 3:54:40 PM6/12/17
to raxml
Hi,

I'm getting the following error when calling RAxML 8.2.10 as part of the quartetsampling python code (https://github.com/FePhyFoFum/quartetsampling), which uses RAxML to evaluate the likelihood of alternative quartet topologies.

"
RAxML was called as follows:

/home/u26/slambert1/standard-RAxML/raxmlHPC-AVX -s /xdisk/slambert1/all_to_p2_denovo/filtering_Jun8/radhap/raxml/temp/temp_inseqs.QS1.0 -m GTRGAMMA -T 1 -p 11341 --silent -F -n tts.QS1.0

Partition: 0 with name: No Name Provided
Base frequencies: 0.266 0.231 0.237 0.266

raxmlHPC-AVX: evaluateGenericSpecial.c:3514: evaluateIterative: Assertion `partitionLikelihood < 0.0' failed.
Aborted
"

I've tried adding the --no-bfgs flag but still get the error. The alignment in this case has 467 distinct alignment patterns and 8.91% gaps.

I've posted the error to the quartetsampling github but also wanted to make a post here, as most of the hits for this particular error seem to implicate a RAxML bug of some kind.

Thanks,
Shea

Alexandros Stamatakis

Jun 19, 2017, 12:24:31 AM6/19/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
dear shea,

can you send us the input files such that we can check?

alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org