RAxML shows failure as output

K. Sonal Choudhary

Mar 29, 2017, 12:59:33 PM3/29/17
to raxml
Hi,

I ran two jobs on RaxML web server for phylogenetic analysis of protein sequences (2314 sequences and 2306 sequences), I received the output link and it says 'failure'. I do not understand why it failed after approx 2 days of running. The link to the outputs are:

Please let me know what was the problem so I can proceed with rectifying it.

Best regards,
Sonal

Alexandros Stamatakis

Mar 30, 2017, 3:45:56 PM3/30/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com, proj...@vital-it.ch
Dear Sonal,

For this you should contact the team maintaining this web-service, since
it is not directly operated by us. I have cced them.

Alexis

On 29.03.2017 19:59, K. Sonal Choudhary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran two jobs on RaxML web server for phylogenetic analysis of protein
> sequences (2314 sequences and 2306 sequences), I received the output
> link and it says 'failure'. I do not understand why it failed after
> approx 2 days of running. The link to the outputs are:
> http://embnet.vital-it.ch/raxml-bb/index.php?jid=384471
> <http://embnet.vital-it.ch/raxml-bb/index.php?jid=384471>
> http://embnet.vital-it.ch/raxml-bb/index.php?jid=349571
> <http://embnet.vital-it.ch/raxml-bb/index.php?jid=349571>
>
> Please let me know what was the problem so I can proceed with rectifying it.
>
> Best regards,
> Sonal
>
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Alexis

Mar 30, 2017, 4:16:49 PM3/30/17
to raxml, proj...@vital-it.ch
Here's the reply from the VItal-IT team:

Hello Alexis,

We had an issue with the server: should be ok now. I suggest that Sonal
resubmits the jobs.

Cheers,

Heinz

Am Donnerstag, 30. März 2017 22:45:56 UTC+3 schrieb Alexis:
Dear Sonal,

For this you should contact the team maintaining this web-service, since
it is not directly operated by us. I have cced them.

Alexis

On 29.03.2017 19:59, K. Sonal Choudhary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran two jobs on RaxML web server for phylogenetic analysis of protein
> sequences (2314 sequences and 2306 sequences), I received the output
> link and it says 'failure'. I do not understand why it failed after
> approx 2 days of running. The link to the outputs are:
> http://embnet.vital-it.ch/raxml-bb/index.php?jid=384471
> <http://embnet.vital-it.ch/raxml-bb/index.php?jid=384471>
> http://embnet.vital-it.ch/raxml-bb/index.php?jid=349571
> <http://embnet.vital-it.ch/raxml-bb/index.php?jid=349571>
>
> Please let me know what was the problem so I can proceed with rectifying it.
>
> Best regards,
> Sonal

K. Sonal Choudhary

Mar 30, 2017, 4:28:02 PM3/30/17